Heer Saber Knot- Bit Much!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Saber Knot- Bit Much!

Auction still has 7 hours to go. Appears to be a nice knot- BUT $72 right now??? This is why people part out daggers and swords. If you can clear $100 alone for a portepee why keep it together?? I never would but some people just go for the gold. I bet this one will close right around $100. Never in my wildest dreams. A couple of years back, I had a larger west coast dealer pick me up a few knots when he flew back to attend the MAX or SOS, I can't remember which it was. We didn't discuss prices at the time...I just assumed he'd want around $30-$40 for each. We'll when I met at his office that day, he wanted $70 each...I was taken aback, and remember, this was around 2004 or 2005 so prices for portepees were not that crazy. I bought them and paid him as it would have been unfair for him to get stuck holding the bag after I had requested he pick a few up for me. They were mint and non-issued, compelte with thier tie string. Still, it was alot of a knot. But man, prices these days for portepees is just insane. It can really jack up the price of a saber a collector my want to complete. Say $550 for a decent Heer saber, another $100 for a minty knot, then another $50-$75 for the teardrop hanger and boom, the thing ends up costing $725. No thanks.

Here's the link for fleaBay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=015

It's not the sellers fault. I watched this auction from the begginning and he started it low. People are just bidding it up. I'm sure the sellers not complaining.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SwordFish; 09-25-2008, 01:06 PM.

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
X