GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitler Youth knife with no maker stamp...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler Youth knife with no maker stamp...?

I do not have any knives as of yet... I'm hoping to start collecting soon. Hi, I saw a knife recently that looked to be in pretty good condition. However, there was no maker stamp on the knife and it also didn't have the motto. I've heard that some early models didn't have the maker stamp. Is this true? It seems odd to me that anything made in Germany wouldn't be claimed by its maker...

If it didnt have the motto, then is probably a late model (unless it was worned off or the blade polished/buffered)
    I dont remember seeing any early models with motto without any marker's mark/RZM code, but in this case, the one you say looks to be a late model and yes, i have seen photos of unmarked late models: without any marker's mark/RZM code.

Comment

Some were etched so lightly that it's near impossible to see the RZM stamp.
      www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lakesidetrader View Post
        Some were etched so lightly that it's near impossible to see the RZM stamp.
        Paul exactly true i have come across many late war unmarked hj knifes because they were etched & not stamped that had worn off by use or cleaning ect......here is a pic of what an etched stamp looks like when new
        Attached Files

Comment

There actually were HJ-Fahrtenmesser without Motto and without RZM-mark.

A couple of year´s ago I´ve got a knife like this, (the diamond was removed from the owner itself in the last day´s of WW II in Austria ... ).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X