hj knive good???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hj knive good???

hello i can have this knive very beautiful but perhaps so beautiful to be good? what do you think about this???
    thanks

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

This knife is good, in my opinion. What you have there is an early example.
    The only "problem" it has it is that the leather buffer is missing.
    Beautiful diamond, rare marker, and nice early scabbard.
    The crossguard seems quite big, or maybe its just the photo. Also, the observe grip doesnt fit 100% well, but i guess its not a problem. A photo of this would be nice:

Last edited by Santi; 09-22-2008, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Nice original early hj knife by Anton Wingen Jr only missing the leather buffer.....could you show a clear pic of the plain griplate please?......regards scott.

Comment

Hmm

I like what I see but I would have a question for the more knowledgeable on this matter. Is the space between the fingerguard and the blade ok (the tang is showing)? It seems quite large but I know the leather buffer would hide that under normal circumstances.

JAN

Comment

Yeah Jan, it's ok. You can see the wear of the buffer that once was there in the blade and hided completely the gap.

Comment

Ist gut!

Comment

hank you for your answers but I do not have an other photograph available, me I have a concern with the beginning of the blade, the models which I already saw one a thicker edge or broader towards the handle and there is not that…
              I can have for 250€ am to it what that is worth the blow to put them or am what somebody has of the doubts?
              thank you

Comment

Early knives such as this one have thinner blades. It has the typical grip plate style often seen on early Wingens.

Also, it appears the buffer is stuck to the top of the scabbard in these pics.

Regards
                Russell

Comment

Originally posted by RussellM View Post
                  Early knives such as this one have thinner blades. It has the typical grip plate style often seen on early Wingens.

Also, it appears the buffer is stuck to the top of the scabbard in these pics.

Regards
                  Russell
                  What an eye, Russell!!
                  It is indeed, stuck on the scabbard!
                  Wow!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X