Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Knot

Hello,
    Can you help me to identify this sword knot. It has a black cloth strap with silver threads. The slide is black and silver as well. Thank you.
    Peter
    Attached Files

Knot

Anybody???

Comment

Peter,

Your Portepee appears to have a black cloth strap and should have a black "dot" inset into the bottom of the Quaste, correct? If this is so, your knot is a Prussian Officer Portepee. If it has a carmine insert in the bottom it is Feuerwehr.

Comment

Bottom of Quaste

Originally posted by SCHUPO View Post
        Peter,

Your Portepee appears to have a black cloth strap and should have a black "dot" inset into the bottom of the Quaste, correct? If this is so, your knot is a Prussian Officer Portepee. If it has a carmine insert in the bottom it is Feuerwehr.
        Hello Schupo,
        The bottom portion of the Quaste is silver.
        Peter

Comment

Peter,

The Prussian Officer Portepee that I have seen almost always have a black insert in the bottom of the silver wire Quaste. It is possible that yours is a variation of the Prussian Portepee or is simply a generic Officer knot. Typically, the color of the insert in the Quaste will mirror the color or configuration of the strap. That is to say if the strap has blue stripes in it (as the case of the Bavarian Portepee) it will have a blue insert. Or, it will mirror the piping color such as a carmine insert to indicate Feurewehr, etc. I would tend to think your knot is a generic one. I have several like yours with black cloth straps but they have black inserts in the Quaste.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X