my first dagger... HJ !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first dagger... HJ !!

Greetings, I would like to share with the forum my first authentic TR dagger purchase, an RZM HJ knife! I got it off the E stand and am very happy with my purchase.

I think its in pretty good shape, with 95% of the scabbard paint remaining.
    RZM M7/5= Carl Julius Krebs

The only big problem it has is the cross guard broke (apparently it had been dropped by a previous owner.) Fortunately the broken piece was included in the sale, and I would like to know what you think about the possibility of repairing the broken guard. Would it be feasable to re attach the piece in some way? How would you go about it? (Solder?, epoxy, JB weld?)

Or would I be better off not messing with it and leaving it as is...

Anyways here are some pics! Let me know if you would like to see any closeups!

-Christian

The broken cross guard:

Nice HJ at a nice price! if i remember right i would go and attempt to fix it, the bit might get lost otherwise... theres one excuse

Comment

Very nice HJ. Looks like a zinc hilt - I'd try and find some type of adhesive for the repair rather than messing with metal - you may damage the plating with another method, if it can be done with zinc.

Regards
      Russell

Comment

Nice! Congratulations.
        I hope it's one of many

Comment

Originally posted by RussellM View Post
          Very nice HJ. Looks like a zinc hilt - I'd try and find some type of adhesive for the repair rather than messing with metal - you may damage the plating with another method, if it can be done with zinc.

Regards
          Russell
          Thanks for all the kind replies! I also hope it is the first of many to come... I would love a nice SA for my collection...

As far as repairing the guard, do does anyone have experience with good adhesives for Zinc? I was thinking maybe JB weld would work well...?

-Christian

Comment

Originally posted by crotter View Post
            Thanks for all the kind replies! I also hope it is the first of many to come... I would love a nice SA for my collection...

As far as repairing the guard, do does anyone have experience with good adhesives for Zinc? I was thinking maybe JB weld would work well...?

-Christian
            why repair it in that crap when you can repair it in zinc

Comment

Originally posted by wh014d4394 View Post
              why repair it in that crap when you can repair it in zinc
              Well at least explain to Christian how to repair the fingerguard with "ZINC" instead of making a big f**kin joke about it explain yourself seems as if your taking the piss .

Comment

I really doubt if any adhesive would hold on a small area like that, including jb weld.
                I think I'd give crazy glue a try first, as JB welb can be pretty messy. I'd use very light grit sandpaper on each facing surface, giving them a light rub to increase odds of proper bonding, then give it a shot.
                Really not much to lose or gain.

Comment

Beautiful knife! That suck about the bit. Very cool in any case.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X