Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ motto knife to add to my collection

Hi everyone,
    just thought that I would show you my latest addition to my dagger collection. It is slowly, but surely getting there.

Maker marked M7/14.....1936

regards,
    Belinda
    Attached Files
    sigpic"BATTLES ARE SOMETIMES WON BY GENERALS, BUT WARS ARE NEARLY ALWAYS WON BY SERGEANTS AND PRIVATES"

Attached Files
    sigpic"BATTLES ARE SOMETIMES WON BY GENERALS, BUT WARS ARE NEARLY ALWAYS WON BY SERGEANTS AND PRIVATES"

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Shouldn't there be a maker mark on this knife as well? Instead of just an RZM mark.

Comment

Originally posted by RylanBrissette View Post
            Shouldn't there be a maker mark on this knife as well? Instead of just an RZM mark.
            Rylan not all hj knifes were dual marked with makers stamp/logo & RZM stamp this hj knife in my mind is seldom seen with RZM stamped & dated 1936 with motto with the early griplate daimond design Belinda Congrats i like this peice very much .....Great addition to your collection without a doubt.......Cheers Scott.

Comment

Phew...thank's for that Scott . I was getting a little bit worried then , when I saw Rylan's opinion on it. I thought personally, that this one was a good one, but when you have another member a little unsure, then it start's putting the seed of doubt in your mind . I already bought a bad one a while back and I really didn't want to repeat the same mistake .

Regards,
              Belinda

Comment

Well it looks good to me too, but I just find it kind of odd that there would be no makers name.

This knife is from the early transitional period, so you would think for a '36 dated knife it would have a maker's name on it. I am not questioning the authenticity of the knife, I would just like to learn more about it.

Originally posted by From Paul Hogle's HJ Basics
                In my experience, all blades with a motto will also have a stamped makers name and logo to the reverse."

Transitional Period 1936-1938

-Thicker blades
                -High Ricasso
                -Display both maker name and logo as well as a RZM designation
                -Motto

Comment

RYLAN this is a rare type of RZM m7/14 1936 with motto configuration marking that is very hard to find i know what you mean by where is the makers mark but this may never be found out the reason "why" this is what makes this hj knife quite unique imo......regards scott.

Comment

Are there any other makers that are known to do this becides M7/14?

Comment

Originally posted by RylanBrissette View Post
                      Are there any other makers that are known to do this becides M7/14?
                      Rylan i have seen hj knife by this maker RZM M7/51 Anton Wingen Jr. that is known to do this type of RZM/date & motto config .......cheers scott.

Comment

Beautiful knife, Belinda!
                        Congratulations.

Rylan, Paul's lesson needs a little update to fix some things, but it still a great way to start with learning.
                        Check out this list from a collector's HJ knife collection.

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums...4?r=9830031454

Have in mind it is just his collection and not a definite list of the marker's characteristics, etc. There might be a lot missing there, but it should give you a little idea of what's out there.

Comment

Many thanks for the thumb's up on it Santi. Glad that you like it. Been looking for ages to try and find a half decent HJ motto knife and at last I got one !

regards,
                          Belinda

Comment

Very nice and rare HJ knife variation!

Congratulations,

Victorman

Comment

Top knife Belinda, very nice.

Ryan, several makers have been seen with motto and RZM only marks, they are very collectable.

Regards
                              Russell

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X