HJ Dagger period modified?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Dagger period modified?

Hi I bought this along with some other bits and wondered if the cross piece could have been modified in the war for easy draw has it been altered into a fighting knife,the other thing is I don't collect knives what would be a fair price to put this on the estand at?
    Attached Files

2nd pic
    Attached Files

Comment

3rd pic
      Attached Files

Comment

last pic
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi, could you post more photos, zooming the diamond and both grips to see the rivets?

Comment

Hi Santiago here you go
            Attached Files

Comment

back rivet
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi yes your hj knife could have been altered during the war most likely it was abused by its young hj owner or on the other hand the damage happend after the war by some dafty throwing it about the place ...i think as to a value in this badly damage condition it would be worth about £50 max on the e-stand imo.......cheers scott.

Comment

Thanks for the photos. It seems this one went through rough times, but all parts seem to be original. The grips were probably broken and somebody glued them back together. Wheter it was period or not, i cant say. The leather hanger of the scabbard is also broken.
                  In the second photo you can see that the grips dont fit perfectly. Im pressuming that this happend when the grips broke.
                  I know nothing about fighting knives, but im thinking that the crossguard of the knife would be more helpful to make it a fighting device, rather than without it. Its just a guess.

Why the crossguard was alterated? I have no clue. Maybe it was partially broken and somebody decided to remove it. The removal job seems pretty clean, it was done with the appropiate tools and they did a good job.

So considering the broken grips, the not-so-good diamond, the missing crossguard, broken hanger, i dont think this one is worth more than 110 dollars.

Comment

thanks guys off to the estand then.Roger

Comment

I actualy have a tad bit of info to add to this, Near the end of the war when HJ members were to join the army, quite a few werent issued knifes. I have seen many examples of HJ knives being alterd into a boot knife.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X