ss dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss dagger

I know the photos aren't the best but do the experts think this dagger is ok.
    Attached Files

photo

Attached Files

Comment

photo

Attached Files

Comment

photo

Attached Files

Comment

photo

Attached Files

Comment

last one

Attached Files

Comment

Im no expert,but I am an ss dagger owner.This looks like a good second pattern type.
              However there are two things which jar.First the lack of well defined lines on the handle and second the shape of the throat fitting,its too narrow at the top and it protrudes in the centre.
              Maybe this was a charecteristic of the maker,who knows.
              Cheers

Comment

I'm going to ditto Franco's comments. I'd look closely at the grip to see if maybe it was sanded at some point and Check the heads of the screws in the scabbard throat. Maybe okay, just looks a little strange from the photos.
                Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Thanks guys its coming up for auction and I was wondering if it was more of his usual fake crap or was good. If anybody interested I could ask to take more pictures. Auction Thursday.

Comment

Well guys it sold for just under US$9000

and the same keen buyer bought the nice 1941 Luger for just over US$4000

Its all the money our farmers are getting for cheese and wheat these days
                    so there you are, not only the Russians keen to buy SS daggers but this one was not for me and as for the Luger, well nice but not that nice,

Chris

Comment

So,with commision it made full market value.Thanks for letting us know.The seller had a lucky day on that one.
                      Cheers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X