Comment

Here's mine, SS #109,892
      Attached Files

Comment

one more shot
        Attached Files

Comment

Rob, very nice dagger and display .

Is that the owner pictured in the ID book, do you have any info on the dagger owners career at all ?

What else do you have tucked away in that display case ?

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
            Rob, very nice dagger and display .

Is that the owner pictured in the ID book, do you have any info on the dagger owners career at all ?

What else do you have tucked away in that display case ?
            Slayer-

Thanks for the complements! I wish the dagger was Karck's! This one is numbered #109,892 and attributed to a Werner Schröder. Ross K. is putting together a research file on him as I type this and I should have a lot more info on Schröder within a few weeks time.

The SS-Führer-Ausweis, NSDAP Mitgliedsbuch, SA sports badge possession doc and death card are all for SS Knight's Cross recipient Georg Karck, RK 03.08.1943, killed in Normandy 03.07.1944. The armband is an early 1934 RZM tagged example, and the visor cap is also a very early (circa '34) RZM tagged piece. Also mixed in is a RZM embroidered runic tab and a SS-Zivilabzeichen.

As for what else is in the case... lots of SS-Ausweis of various types, some SS Soldbücher, tunic removed collar tabs and insignia, etc.

Rob

Comment

Very nice display, Rob.

I am hoping we get a few more numbered daggers posted here to see if we can put a name to them.

Raymond

Comment

Originally posted by RaymondG View Post
                Very nice display, Rob.

I am hoping we get a few more numbered daggers posted here to see if we can put a name to them.

Raymond

Thanks, Raymond. I too would like to see more numbered daggers identified. There are a few that just sold on Paul Hogel's site, a serialized ground Röhm Eickhorn SS #10,954 (I want to kill myself for missing this one ) and a Klaas, #86,664

Closest I have on these is SS#10,955 Weisthor, Karl-Maria and SS#88,219 Fritzsche, Oskar

Rob

Comment

I have a chained SS Leader Dagger. My problem is that there is a number on the underside of the hilt that has been physically filed off (maybe the owner had something to hide) one number is clear, another is half missing and illegible. The others are gone. Criminal forensics (i.e. CSI ) have acid and/or xray methods to raise serial numbers filed off of guns used in crimes. The indent of the numbers are impressed deep into the metal. Would anyone know where in the world (preferably Canada or USA) I could get this type of forensics work done so I can ID my dagger owner? Thanks Sidney

Comment

Not to worry Rob, I'm sure you'll pick something else up soon.

Sidney please post some pics I'm sure we'd all like to see your dagger.
                    Last edited by slayer; 02-14-2008, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                      Thanks, Raymond. I too would like to see more numbered daggers identified. There are a few that just sold on Paul Hogel's site, a serialized ground Röhm Eickhorn SS #10,954 (I want to kill myself for missing this one ) and a Klaas, #86,664

Closest I have on these is SS#10,955 Weisthor, Karl-Maria and SS#88,219 Fritzsche, Oskar

Rob
                      No joy this end, Rob

Raymond

Comment

Sidney, trust me you don't want to do that The process to pull that number up is done with acid.

Comment

Hi All:

Thought I'd post some numbered daggers that I have been able to identify or have researched for their owners. This is the first of two that were published as unidentified in T. Wittman's SS tome.

Enjoy!

Ross Kelbaugh
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi All:

Here is the second one from Wittman's SS tome that was published as unidentified. I find it particularly exciting when I can find a photo of the dagger's SS Mann in his uniform which is most uncommon.

Enjoy!

Ross Kelbaugh
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi All:

Here is another that I was able to identify. Though there was no photo of the SS Mann to be found, he nevertheless proved to be quit interesting.

Enjoy!

Ross Kelbaugh
                              Attached Files

Comment

Joseph Schwirtlich was killed in action on the Eastern Front and is one of the few KIA's associated with a numbered SS dagger who has an actual grave that still exists.

Enjoy!

Ross Kelbaugh
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X