Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

„The Key“ is only a data collection from the different DALs. Why it’s publication would have anything to do at all with the discovery of numbered daggers is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by JONATHAN View Post
      Good luck Briank I hope you don't destroy an otherwise interesting and enjoyable thread

Well said Jonathan !

Comment

It's obvious why adding a number would increase the value of a dagger. Why talking about this possibility would "destroy the thread" is beyond me. Seems like the friendly atmosphere of the forum continues on. I did not, and do not accuse anyone of making or selling fake numbered SS daggers. Thanks to the person who provided me with technical information about this possibility through PM.

Comment

Robert Klass number 1

Hi unable to put pictures up yet. I have a Robert Klass and it has a number 1 that is the only number it has. Does this mean anything? Thanks for your help. Or should say education. Not to worry I now realize mine is not numbered and do not want to waste your time. I'm an idiot.
          Last edited by AL472; 02-27-2019, 08:58 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot

Comment

Hi AL472,

Welcome among us -- it's good to have you here!

If you're asking about the Roman Numeral "I" found stamped to the reverse lower crossguard of certain SS M33 Daggers, this numeral indicates that this dagger was among the earliest orders placed to cutlers through the SS Distribution Center in Munich. (The other two centers were shown as "II" representing Dresden and "III" for Berlin.)

Hope this is helpful, and again, welcome!

Br. James

Comment

Can anyone help me out with any information on SS number 142 940?

Comment

Originally posted by Joec03 View Post
                Can anyone help me out with any information on SS number 142 940?
                That number is not listed to a officer. Doesn't mean that the SS man can't be found but the chances are slim and would require a researcher like Ross Kelbaugh to dig further.

Best of Hunt,
                Serge

Comment

Ross is able to find SOME additional numbers, but not as easy as the Dienstaltersliste. Also, the 1934 list does contain upper rank NCOs

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                    Ross is able to find SOME additional numbers, but not as easy as the Dienstaltersliste. Also, the 1934 list does contain upper rank NCOs
                    I have collected over 100,000 numbers in my database for those not in the SS-Dienstalterslistes that has identified 245 numbered daggers that were previously unknowns. The collection process is slow and unpredictable.

RossK

Comment

This is why Ross is such a great researcher and an asset to the hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RossK View Post
                        I have collected over 100,000 numbers in my database for those not in the SS-Dienstalterslistes that has identified 245 numbered daggers that were previously unknowns. The collection process is slow and unpredictable.

RossK
                        Ross is the 'Go-to-guy' on these numbered SS daggers, IMO.
                        He identified this partial Rohm Boker to a early member. Being a Sharfuhrer he was not listed in the SS-Dienstalterslistes.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Dear all, could anyone help out with number - 4023? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Stahlhelm40 View Post
                            Dear all, could anyone help out with number - 4023? Thanks in advance.
                            #4023 is not listed to a officer.
                            Further research by Ross Kelbaugh may perhaps find owner.

-Serge

Comment

This is a great service, Serge, thanks!

Could you please check if the following number is in the key:

Best regards,

Victorman

Comment

Originally posted by Victorman View Post

Could you please check if the following number is in the key:

Victorman,

SS # 95365 is lot listed to a officer in The Key.

-Serge

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X