Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As stated by Ross today, both of those last two numbers are not listed in "The Key" so they probably weren't held by officers of the SS. No information is available here.

Sorry...

Br. James

Comment

Great thread.

Comment

Dear all, could anyone help out with number - 94945? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi Stahlhelm40,

SS #94945 is not listed in "The Key" so it probably wasn't held by an officer of the SS.

Sorry...but WELCOME to WAF -- it's GOOD to have you here! Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Thanks very much James for your research and your warm welcome to the WAF.

I very much appreciate your good work.

Cheers

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
            Hi Stahlhelm40,

SS #94945 is not listed in "The Key" so it probably wasn't held by an officer of the SS.

Sorry...but WELCOME to WAF -- it's GOOD to have you here! Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Was just offered ss dagger 18192 by Robert klaas. Can I get help with number?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Not on any of my 3 lists

Comment

SS #18192 is not listed in "The Key" so it probably wasn't held by an officer of the SS. Hope this is helpful info for you.

A very Happy New Year!

Br. James

Comment

What's to prevent a skillful forger from getting a copy of "The Key" and putting in the numbers of the most valuable and expensive SS officers, or any number he chooses for that matter?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                      What's to prevent a skillful forger from getting a copy of "The Key" and putting in the numbers of the most valuable and expensive SS officers, or any number he chooses for that matter?
                      nothing, but if you’ve collected these things long enough you tend to be able to tell when someone has recently played with it - and failing that if you had half a brain you’d thoroughly research the background of the dagger you were purchasing if it was attributed to a significant personality.

Just out of interest do you see anything at all positive about this hobby these days ?

Comment

How do you tell a pre 1945 applied number? The positive trends are that collectors are discussing through internet and You Tube. The discovery of numbered daggers seems to follow the introduction of "The Key". Glad that you have the intelligence and experience to know a good one.

Comment

Briank ok just maintain your feelings that all daggers are fake, everything has been monkeyed with - keep that perspective and you’ll be fine. I strongly suggest you choose a different hobby as you rarely have anything positive to bring to the table, it seems to bring little but disappointment and frustration to you....unless the endless trolling gives you a kick
                          Last edited by JONATHAN; 02-13-2019, 05:11 AM.

Comment

The only answer I got to this was from someone in the thread who sent me a PM - so I guess the only way to get an answer to this question is through PMs - I don't believe you have an answer to this question. And you project your negative attitude onto me. So stop with your negativity and sarcastic answers. My question is a reasonable one and on topic.

Comment

Good luck Briank I hope you don't destroy an otherwise interesting and enjoyable thread

Comment

Since you don't have any answers for me I will answer your suggestion that I quit the hobby. " No".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X