SA maker "Chromolit"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA maker "Chromolit"

Does anybody knows about the SA maker Chromolit, Solingen?

Sam,

Not sure if I fully understand the question, but they were a recognized maker of SA daggers.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Skipper Greenwade
      Not sure if I fully understand the question, but they were a recognized maker of SA daggers.

Skip
      Sorry Skip, I think my question was some kind of indistinct.
      I wanna know if Chromolit was a rare or common maker of SA's

Thanks,

Sam,

Comment

SA maker "Chromolit"

They are considered somewhat uncommon. Using the McSarr rating formulated by a GD.Com member they are a 7 on a 1 to 10 scale.
        Tom Nowling

Comment

Originally posted by Nimble1
          They are considered somewhat uncommon. Using the McSarr rating formulated by a GD.Com member they are a 7 on a 1 to 10 scale.
          Thanks!

Sam,

Comment

It says that they are rare on the website! Nice blade at a reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried
              It says that they are rare on the website! Nice blade at a reasonable price.
              Thanks,

Sam,

Comment

I know it sounds crazy Sam but there are more rare SA's than common ones.
                With 250+ makers there are many many out there. That's what makes collecting these so fun.
                Take Eickhorn which were by far the most prolific, it's estimated that they made 52000 SA's. Rare makers made 1 to 5 thousand. Say you have 200 rare makers, that's a lot of rare daggers! Let condition be foremost in your mind, then consider the maker. I would not add more than 10 or 15% to the value for a rare maker. Good luck with it!
                www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lakesidetrader
                  I know it sounds crazy Sam but there are more rare SA's than common ones.
                  With 250+ makers there are many many out there. That's what makes collecting these so fun.
                  Take Eickhorn which were by far the most prolific, it's estimated that they made 52000 SA's. Rare makers made 1 to 5 thousand. Say you have 200 rare makers, that's a lot of rare daggers! Let condition be foremost in your mind, then consider the maker. I would not add more than 10 or 15% to the value for a rare maker. Good luck with it!
                  Hi Paul!

Thanks for advice,

This is very interesting and useful information for me and I'll will keep that in mind to my next purchase.

You did my first purchase very easy and smooth in the beginners jungle, and I'm more than 100% satisfied with my SA and your excellent service!! I will be comming back..

Best,

Sam,

Comment

Solid advice, Lake, as always. Condition will always trump rarity in a case like this. The only time relative scarcity adds value is when everything else is equal.

Pick out the best dagger you can afford condition-wise...then if it happens to be from one of the scarcer makers, that's just a plus.

Best,
                    Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Skipper Greenwade
                      Solid advice, Lake, as always. Condition will always trump rarity in a case like this. The only time relative scarcity adds value is when everything else is equal.

Pick out the best dagger you can afford condition-wise...then if it happens to be from one of the scarcer makers, that's just a plus.

Best,
                      Skip
                      Thanks Skip!
                      I'm very grateful for your advice and listen with big ears and read with my eyes open wide,

Best,

Sam,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X