Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe dagger

Hello!
    Someone offered me this Luftwaffe dagger for sale.
    I know there are a lot of replica's of this type of dagger (most very cheap), so I'd like to know what you think. Does it look original?

Sorry for the bad photo's.

Thanks!

Frank
    Attached Files

second
    Attached Files

Comment

almost
      Attached Files

Comment

last
        Attached Files

Comment

close -up
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Frank, it is indeed a bad one. Always best to ask

The grips on these are rather fat compared with an original.

Always view any makers mark with "Berlin" as suspicious. Many repros use this instead of the original "Solingen".

The crossguard eagles can be very nicely detailed and are on occasion better than some originals I beleive.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi i think it looks good, but lets her some others, regards Lassi

Comment

Nope, a classic fake.
                At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, no doubts, the famous Berlin fak strikes again. Hopeless, how this fake can fool so often. Holler and Weyersberg NEVER had a city mark other than Solingen!!!, burn it, melt it down, and use the metal to make nails, to hammer the seller hands to his keybord!

Comment

ok, always sad to be wrong, but also nice to learn som new stuff. Regards Lassi

Comment

I agree...total and complete, classic, postwar fake

Skip

Comment

Hello!

I thank you all for your help. You saved me again a lot of money.
                        For me it's not so bad(since I haven't bought the dagger) , but I really believe the seller did't knew he had a replica.

He should have became a member of the forum ........

Thanks!

Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X