firefighter bayonnet ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firefighter bayonnet ??

Hi guys.Can you tell me please what kind of bayonnet it is.I think it is a german firefighter bayonnet but.........??? And about the price because i will sell it because bayonnets are not my interest.Thanks for you knowledge.Martin.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hallo Martin,

You are correct, the item is a feuerwehr bayonet. It looks to be a long model, is the blade roughly 10" in length?

The condition looks pretty good. Is the blade maker marked? Is the pommel magnetic? These things will factor into the going price.

Comment

Thanks Billy for your reply .No maker mark on this one and the pommel is non magnetic.Can you help me with the price of this one please ?.Thanks .Martin.

Comment

Hi Martin,

I would say a fair price would be $75 considering it's got a nice looking frog on it. I've seen them occasionally go higher on Eban but not usually, unless they're being shilled .

Unmarked pieces always sell for less despite their condition. The nonmagnetic pommel just means it was made later rather than earlier although I've found even the later ones have great quality most of the time. Worst part of the later ones is usually the thin plating on the pommel and crossguard. Yours looks like a nice representative piece for someone needing an example for their collection. I don't think you'll have trouble selling it. Good luck!

Comment

Agreed...Billy's price and the reasoning behind it are spot on.

Best,
                Skip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X