Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

c1907 Royal Danish Navy Dagger

Hi Guys,

I hope this is the right place to ask questions about this item??... I know it is a Danish Navy Dagger, which I also know has been introduced for wear in 1907, the dagger has no markings, it is 355mm long in total...but that is pretty much where my knowledge ends... would anyone know:

a) what the hanger for it looked like and where I could obtain one to compliment the dagger?
    b) how long were these in use for? When were they phased out or when was this model phased out?
    c) is there a website to read up about these in german or in english?
    d) although, I am not looking to sell it, what would be the approx. value of a dagger like this?

Thank you very much for looking and thank you very much for your answers and help...Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files

pic2

Originally posted by torstenbel
    Hi Guys,

I hope this is the right place to ask questions about this item??... I know it is a Danish Navy Dagger, which I also know has been introduced for wear in 1907, the dagger has no markings, it is 355mm long in total...but that is pretty much where my knowledge ends... would anyone know:

a) what the hanger for it looked like and where I could obtain one to compliment the dagger?
    b) how long were these in use for? When were they phased out or when was this model phased out?
    d) although, I am not looking to sell it, what would be the approx. value of a dagger like this?

Thank you very much for looking and thank you very much for your answers and help...Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files

Comment

pic3

Hi Guys,

Attached Files

Comment

pic4

Hi Guys,

Attached Files

Comment

pic5

Hi Guys,

Attached Files

Comment

pic6

Hi Guys,

Attached Files

Comment

pic7

Hi Guys,

Attached Files

Comment

pic8

Hi Guys,

Attached Files

Comment

wold anyone have any info at all? Cheers, Torsten.

Hi Guys,

Comment

should I be listing this in another category somewhere? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

that danish, give it back

looks very nice, cant tell you much about it, it can immidietly recognize its design is common in danish daggers, have one myself with a black handle, used by teh royal guards.

looks good

Comment

M1907 Danish Naval.

The good points, looks like pre WWI, WwII for sure due to the ivory grip. Later models have composite grips. Also looks to be in excellent condition.

Negatives, no maker or other markings.

If you go to Worlddaggers.com you will see several Danish Naval Daggers showing the developement from 1852 through post war.

As to hangers, the Danish used string like hangers which is why they are difficult to find. I have one set that came with my Engineers dagger, but it is the only set of intact hangers I have been able to find.

This dagger should sell from $450 to $650 based on age and condition. Again, the only detractor is the lacking maker/distributor mark.

I hope that helps.

Jim

Comment

Jim, thank you very much for your reply...would be able to post a pic of the hanger that you have for this dagger??...just, so I get at least an idea of what to look for... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Attached is a photo of 4 Danish Nval Dggers. Yours is similar to the one second from the left.

I checked Bob Berger's World of Dress Daggers and He says the "Royal Danish Navy" dagger "Aboard ship, it is worn on the left side in vertical poition suspended from a dark blue shoulder strap" I have never seen this type of hanger. My Danish friend tells me that all services used the string hangers in photo #2
                            Attached Files

Comment

Photo # 2 which is the Model 1871 Danish Army, Artillery, and Engineer Corp Dagger with hanger. Note the string is also the belt.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by JimW; 09-08-2005, 09:31 PM. Reason: Additional

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X