Need Help On Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help On Dagger

I have had this mini dagger for awhile and have always wondered what was written on it and what it means. I would appriciate and comments Please

Sorry for the lighting and in the second picture although the dagger looks rusty it is not it really shines

Joseph
    Attached Files

Picture

Sorry for the lighting although the dagger looks rusty it is not it really shines

Oh I forgot it says Alexanderwerk

Joseph
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rev; 08-26-2005, 06:30 PM. Reason: ADD

Comment

The dagger was most likely given out as an advertising/promotional item.

"Alexanderwerk" could have manufactered virtually anything, but the name has nothing to do with the producer of the dagger.

Without knowing the name of the city of more about the firm, it's anybody's guess.

Comment

Dagger

Originally posted by Skipper Greenwade
        The dagger was most likely given out as an advertising/promotional item.

"Alexanderwerk" could have manufactered virtually anything, but the name has nothing to do with the producer of the dagger.

Without knowing the name of the city of more about the firm, it's anybody's guess.

When I said mini I shoulld have said it is approx 10 inches long I will measure it tomorrow as my grandaughter is sleeping in the room.

Thank you Skipper GreenWade

Comment

'Alexanderwerk' Is a commercial trade name used by one of the larger Cultlery firms in Solingen. At the moment I can't remember which one it was. I have seen other examples with this marking over the years on minature daggers only.

I'll try to find out the info for you.

Tony
          An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X