Polizei Bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polizei Bayonet

Guys, I'm reposting pics of my Polizei bayonet. I do not like the new forum's way of posting thumbnails instead of full size pics, which was great. Hopefully that will change. Before the switch to the new forum, I'd asked for a value of this piece and there were comments about its design and materials (brass vs aluminum, etc.). Please post your thoughts so I have them for posterity! Thanks a lot--
    WAF LIFE COACH

After going back and forth, looking at a phone screen and laptop, I think I know what this item is. Looks to be a Weimar produced Polizei bayonet with silver plating over a brass hilt. The blade, originally at 17" appears to be cut down to the typical 13", give or take. The lack of a unit marking would typically mean the bayonet was privately purchased by the original owner who had the blade cut down, clamshell removed and grip emblem replaced to conform with the new 3R emblem.

The frog and knot are in fair shape but do not improve the value significantly IMO. A nice example however these are not uncommon to find for sale. Based on that I believe it would sell around $600 +/- in a collector to collector sale.

Comment

Billy, thanks a lot
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Dealer price - $750
        Collector price - $600

Comment

Mac, that seems to be the consensus from people who PM'd me. Thanks a lot
          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X