Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA dagger help

Hi everybody

im way out of my field of experteese on this one, so any help is much apriciated.

Ive been offered this dagger, its desciption is: The dagger is in good shape. There is marking on the blade and the
    scabbard is showing some age, but very solid. This is most certainly
    authentic.

the pictures i have arent the biggest, will try to get some better ones.

But is it authentic. thats my question, more pictures to come.

Mikkel, It does not appear to be postwar from what I can see. Untouched??? it could be OK, but I don’t like the look of the blade in the images. To be honest I would not buy something like this without a much better look at it. My point being that if you have an original dagger that somebody for example used to dig up rocks with it might have been completely original at one time. But its not going to have much collector interest with a damaged blade - and the images so far IMO seem to leave some unanswered questions. FP

Comment

Thank you very much for your input FP, the damage on teh blade is indeed a turn off.

Comment

what are they asking for it? Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Barbaritz
          what are they asking for it? Glenn
          i have yet to get a reply from him, hes a private seller who contacted me. Im quite curious as to what his price will be.

Comment

When I see a blade in that condition but with a fully painted scabbard and near mint grip, it sets off alarms. I'd want a lot better photos than what you currently have.
            Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Heres some more pictures of the SA dagger,

Comment

Thanks again for all the help.

Comment

sa

Originally posted by sigismund
                  Hi everybody its a parts dagger ie. made up from different parts

im way out of my field of experteese on this one, so any help is much apriciated.

Ive been offered this dagger, its desciption is: The dagger is in good shape. There is marking on the blade and the
                  scabbard is showing some age, but very solid. This is most certainly
                  authentic.

the pictures i have arent the biggest, will try to get some better ones.

But is it authentic. thats my question, more pictures to come.

Comment

i passed on it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X