Dagers, help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dagers, help.

Hello all, I believe I was lucky this weekend; I bought this small collection of daggers and medals from a French veteran family in the Reims. They are not in the best condition, probably need some cleaning.

First, are they indeed all original and secondly, what would be a realistic selling price for the E-stand. I start with the ones I never own myself before and for this reason have no experience with them.

Thank you.

Marc
    Attached Files

Diplomat / administration???
    Attached Files

Comment

close up hangers
      Attached Files

Comment

lining is dark bleu
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Marc verstraete
                Diplomat / administration???
                I believe Government Official...Diplomat's eagles head points toward the right.

Comment

Originally posted by fknorr
                  I believe Government Official...Diplomat's eagles head points toward the right.
                  The dagger is worth $5,000+, the hangers are worth $1,000 - 2,000....nice haul!
                  Last edited by fknorr; 08-22-2005, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Congratulations. I would be interested in a few of them if they are what they look to be. From a distance they look nice so far.

Government officials require the most scrutiny due to the high prices and the quality of reproductions. One almost must have to dissassemble it to know for sure and that requires a special tool to avoid damage.

Only thing I find odd is that a French vet would have such a varied grouping though. Looks more like a collector type collection than a vet acquired one.
                    Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Hello Jeff, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Nop, no collector, although, most vets who took stuff where collecting at their time.... Just look at the pictures of US soldiers “collecting” daggers in 1944 and displaying them outside their tents…There where also French soldiers who did the same. (This one was an officer of the 2th. DB) I will gladly give the name when time comes but I still need to go back… if you see what I mean… <o></o>

For the members who know me, I’m lucky with vets, they are always officers, mostly in the US but sometimes also in Europe (I do have an good connection…. a mutual membership…) <o></o>

I post hereby a couple more of the daggers. Personally I don’t think there is any problem with any of them but I’ve seen veteran estates before with post war items in that where bought on flea markets to complete the “collection” so,…. I prefer to ask opinions.<o></o>

Marc

Comment

Medical officer...
                        Attached Files

Comment

RAD officer...
                          Attached Files

Comment

marking of the above
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Marc - Great photos, that is a nice mark on that RAD! Give me call some time. Did the Soldier do occupation duty? That could explain the NPEA, RAD and GO which are not normally picked up by combat veterans.

Again congratulations!
                              Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X