sa m7/36 dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sa m7/36 dagger

wanted your guys opion the 7 has a small line across it half way not to sure if its shown in the pics
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Not sure who the maker is. The M7 is the desnignation for blades, but I'm not sure if the 36 is the date or maker's code. It may be burried in one of my reference books, but I haven't been able to find it.
          Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

If a makers code it's E. & F. Hörster isn't it?

Cheers,
            David.
            At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

It's EF Horster. That looks like a earlier RZM one from them. The wood looks higher quality, the blade is rounded and the eagle looks mid period.
              Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

so you guys like it? it was given to me by a good friend

Comment

Good day!

Late period (3rd) early RZM dagger with nickel-silver (as i see) guards. Made by E. & F. Hörster, Solingen.
                  Nice "SA" circle. Normal dagger but not good/very good.

Comment

Looks like a genuine dagger , late period with cast zink crossguards .The maker-mark looks good to me , E.und F. Hörster .

Better pics are helpful .
                    Regards.

Comment

tobau,
                      as we know producers did not make a crossguards from zink. But they made it from nickel-silver and aluminum.
                      Originally posted by tobau
                      Looks like a genuine dagger , late period with cast zink crossguards.The maker-mark looks good to me , E.und F. Hörster .

Better pics are helpful .
                      Regards.

Comment

Hello Roman ,

i don't understand what you mean with "producers did not make a crossguard from zink ".
                        The most later SA and SS daggers are cast zink , frequently , but rare in aluminium .
                        The X-guards on the dagger upper looks as zink to me , there is oxydation and the nickel-plating is particular going , or i am wrong !

Regards from Germany.

Comment

Most RZM pieces have plated zinc alloy crossguards. For the most part only the earlier pieces have nickel silver fittings. These certainly appear to be plated zinc to me as well.
                          Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Still looks like a mid-period piece based on the blade finishing and the grip.
                            Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

thanks guys for your information

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X