GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personalized RAD Führer Hauer (Officer dagger)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personalized RAD Führer Hauer (Officer dagger)

Hello, I'd like to show this "Alcoso" RAD Führer Hauer which came in today.
    Never been before in collectors hand!

It is de-nacified which makes me a little sad but as these "shiny guys" are quite rare I don't mind.
    And with the personalized blade etching (I read "D. Stehr") it is even more interesting.

Regards, Matthias

A little odd finish on this dagger?
    Could it be, that someone "repainted" it?

Ostmaerker

Comment

Originally posted by Ostmaerker View Post
      A little odd finish on this dagger?
      Could it be, that someone "repainted" it?

Ostmaerker
      Where exactly do you mean? Dagger or scabbard?
      I can't see anything unusual when holding it in hands but I'll show some high resolution pictures.
      You just need to tell me what areas you'd like to see.

Regards

Comment

I think I know what you mean but to me it looks more like weather or chemical influences. I've tried to scratch off some of what looks like old paint remainings but no chance.

Regards

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Please don´t missunderstand me, the dagger itselve is original imo, but I would expect at least the middlesection of the scabbard (with the points) to be much darker than the rest. And it seems, that this grey finish was used on the whole dagger...
            But maybe it just looks that way.

Ostmaerker

Comment

Originally posted by Ostmaerker View Post
              Please don´t missunderstand me, the dagger itselve is original imo, but I would expect at least the middlesection of the scabbard (with the points) to be much darker than the rest. And it seems, that this grey finish was used on the whole dagger...
              But maybe it just looks that way.

Ostmaerker
              No need to apologize - I'm always open for other opinions, a fortiori when an expert like you steps in.

I'll try to take better pictures at daylight tomorrow.

Regards from Germany

Comment

Tomorrow at daylight I'll try to scratch off some of that stuff which is sitting in the eagles eye and take a high resolution scan afterwards of the eye and the scratched off material .

Regards
                Attached Files

Comment

Aluminum Hilt with all silver plate removed-then polished on a wheel some time in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                    Aluminum Hilt with all silver plate removed-then polished on a wheel some time in the past.
                    You think the dagger had been disassembled for the polish job?

Btw., I've never heared before that RAD Officer daggers hilts were silver plateted.

Regards

Comment

Alcoso was the worst manufacturer of the RAD Leader with poorly plated hilt. This company had a real problem with their silver finished parts. A good example is the Government Official's grip piece between the grip plates. These almost always have a poor finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                        Alcoso was the worst manufacturer of the RAD Leader with poorly plated hilt. This company had a real problem with their silver finished parts. A good example is the Government Official's grip piece between the grip plates. These almost always have a poor finish.
                        Thanks for the information, Ron.

Regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X