Heer Officer Sword - manufacturer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Officer Sword - manufacturer?

Hello, I have a sword in my collection as in the pictures below.
    I have a problem with it that it matches the known models described in the literature. The saber does not have the manufacturer's mark, can anyone look after the handpiece, decorative motifs, eagle etc. to identify who is the producer of this sword?
    I tried to match it with the Eickhorn product, but the only thing that could fit was the Roon model, but the details do not match me. Anyone have any idea?

Attention !

I noticed these photos you posted were by a outside photo hosting service. These are no longer allowed. Images must be attached to WAF server.
    Here is the tutorial on how it's done.
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=30341

Please repost them using WAF photo attachment system.

-Serge
    Last edited by Serge M.; 03-25-2020, 07:49 PM. Reason: Off-site photo hosting

Very hard to say: Propably Klaas, Höller, Alcoso?

Ostmaerker

Comment

leaning toward WMW but possibly Alcoso, Holler or WKC. as Ostmaerker says hard to say.

Comment

Decor on the ring is devoid of acorns, as in most of the mentioned producers.
        I looked in the book of Major Angola. Alcoso does not match, there is no such decor in the examples presented there.

Holler has a different eagle and again a different ring.

Robert Klaas as above, in addition, the leaves at the pin narrow inward, in my example they go horizontally.

Perhaps one of You has a twin example, because I'm afraid that without finding one with the designated producer it will be very hard.

Comment

I looked through all my books but could not find an exact match.

Comment

Thank you, so you should expect that I have something unique in my collections

Comment

Originally posted by Madagaskar View Post
              Thank you, so you should expect that I have something unique in my collections
              What you do have is a very nice "ROON" type saber that just about every manufacture produced in some form. By "roon" I'm referring to what many sword collectors refer to as a engraved vs cast dove head hilt.
              Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Reichsword View Post
                What you do have is a very nice "ROON" type saber that just about every manufacture produced in some form. By "roon" I'm referring to what many sword collectors refer to as a engraved vs cast dove head hilt. Regards,
                Thank you, I am aware of the fact that it is broadly understood "Roon" - I wrote it in the first post, however - but I was hoping that some unique finishing details would give me the answer that the manufacture made this saber in particular.

As my photos have been deleted and I have no idea how to edit my posts - I do not have this option - I upload photos again.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice original saber and would have to go with WMW being the maker. Alcoso is out do to the reverse langet not matching. The Klaas & Höller look better but the Klaas ferrule design is reverse where it makes an "X" with the overlap. That leaves me to the Höller, but the Höller has a different eagle. The WMW has more in common with your saber then any other maker like the eagle, ferrule, langet, backstrap, & quillon that I see but I am just one set of eyes. Whoever the maker is it is a fine piece and would love to have it in my collection. Good score sir.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X