Early Eickhorn pattern 1695 sword "SS numbered"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by athomas View Post
    Who's going "off the rails???" The pictures of gay men playing grab-ass from your personal library qualifies from going off the rails Damasco...

I didn't realize this thread would turn into such a ****-show.. wow.
    Gay , How do you know maybe it is very hot in the room and drinking was involved........I found it on the internet under cake walk (google it)... Hard to find all men doing cakewalk Many women and kids but that would not work for the JOKE..
    Much like forum experts find there information (on the internet)
    If it offends you or anyone else here , moderator chastise me and remove it...
    I was making a joke but I forgot how sensitive some people are now days.
    Again just making jokes about this hobby..
    Last edited by damasco; 03-25-2020, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by damasco View Post
      Gay , How do you know......I found it on the internet under cake walk (google it)... Hard to find all men doing cakewalk Many women and kids but that would not work for the JOKE..
      Much like forum experts find there information (on the internet)
      If it offends you or anyone else here , moderator chastise me and remove it...
      I was making a joke to lighten it up a little..

I laughed a bit, it was kinda funny.

I'm trying to understand the point about the year. From Wittman's book he states the early double-oval logo is from 1935-36. Your saying there is an earlier logo for correct made Eickhorn SS? I don't have Angolia's books just yet.

Comment

I laughed a bit, it was kinda funny.

I'm trying to understand the point about the year. From Wittman's book he states the early double-oval logo is from 1935-36. Your saying there is an earlier logo for correct made Eickhorn SS? I don't have Angolia's books just yet.

(daggers) posted this:

Quote:
        Originally Posted by damasco;
        The SS sword model made by Eickhorn as pictured in Angolia books was in production before the model 1695 pictured in this thread !!!!!
        Angolia (EDGED WEAPONRY OF THE THIRD REICH) PAGE 67
        {DAGGERS] REPLY BELOW
        (((You are only very partially right but do totally ignore that EICKHORN had to cease the prodction of this certain saber due to special order of RfSS.)))

My reply to ( poster daggers) is this.

Ok IF information (text) is correct of the sword that is in Angolia books. But there is some mistakes. This SS Eickhorn was stopped being made in 1936-1937 OK so the question is when did they start making the SS sword pictured in Angolia book 1933 1934 ??? As the model number of this SS sword (Angolia book )is before the Army model 1695
        Again Eickhorn only here..
        (SWORDS OF HITLER'S THIRD REICH ) PAGE 122 is the best.. shows both sides of the sword..
        Like the early SS daggers on another post on this forum These swords ( Angolia book) have been known for decades I do know of a few and have been trying to buy one for 25+ years... The cool thing is there is period records of these swords (model number and full description ).
        Last edited by damasco; 03-25-2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by damasco View Post
          (daggers) posted this:

Quote:
          Originally Posted by damasco;
          The SS sword model made by Eickhorn as pictured in Angolia books was in production before the model 1695 pictured in this thread !!!!!
          Angolia (EDGED WEAPONRY OF THE THIRD REICH) PAGE 67
          {DAGGERS] REPLY BELOW
          (((You are only very partially right but do totally ignore that EICKHORN had to cease the prodction of this certain saber due to special order of RfSS.)))

My reply to ( poster daggers) is this.

Ok if correct the sword that is in Angolia books and also in factory archives stopped being made in 1936-1937 OK so the question is when did they start making the SS sword pictured in Angolia book 1933 1934 ??? As the model number of this SS sword (Angolia book )is before the Army model 1695
          Again Eickhorn only here..
          (SWORDS OF HITLER'S THIRD REICH ) PAGE 122 is the best.. shows both sides of the sword..

I see what your saying, and I ordered that book. I will look at it to see what you mean. I guess the point I tried to make (and maybe others??); Is it possible men were allowed to order any silver hilted sword regardless (as Wittmann suggested in his book) and add accouterments as they wished until the RFSS degen became standard in 1936?

Comment

I see what your saying, and I ordered that book. I will look at it to see what you mean. I guess the point I tried to make (and maybe others??); Is it possible men were allowed to order any silver hilted sword regardless (as Wittmann suggested in his book) and add accouterments as they wished until the RFSS degen became standard in 1936?

The Eickhorn SS silver hilt sword was made before Army model 1695 was introduced.
            And has unique reverse langet..
            Last edited by damasco; 03-25-2020, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Damasco is correct on this one and he has provided a guide to the truth of the matter. With the most relevant thing that I think I can add to the discussion being that as a general rule everyone should be very careful of the zinc based "SS" sabers. They are too late, and a number of them have a craft store silver type/color product applied to them that after time reacts badly with the zinc. FP
              Last edited by Frogprince; 03-25-2020, 11:00 PM.

Comment

I’m of the opinion that we should perhaps start to think about erasing “1936” when talking about the SS Degens. TW did that with the Police Degens when confronted with solid evidence that they were later than 1936 (and there was aready other evidence in plain sight). The Germans never used that kind of terminology for the SS Degens, and there are the 1935 dated Award Documents. FP

Comment

[QUOTE=damasco;8676041]
                  Damasco,
                  If this is the wrong model, then what IS the correct model for an early SS officer sword??
                  That is what you have not been able to tell me. Just only that it is not correct. I’m looking for details.

I found this same model on lakeside traders website silver model 1695
                  The only difference is his has ruby eyes instead of green. I suppose his is not good either?

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item.php?ID=20251

Thanks[/QUOTE
                  You are correct...
                  Yes thank you for pointing that out..
                  So now we move on to This dealer..
                  No, it is not a Eickhorn silver SS sword..
                  Matter of fact I have owned a few of these before and did not sell them as SS swords..
                  Paul is a good guy but we all make mistakes . I feel bad for him.. 1695 is not the model number for the Eickhorn silver SS sword
                  I'm not an expert by any means on these swords, but the Lakeside Trader piece looks like total garbage to me. Whoever bought it got hosed big time.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                    I'm not an expert by any means on these swords, but the Lakeside Trader piece looks like total garbage to me. Whoever bought it got hosed big time.
                    I think that your expertise is on the right track going upward. Not in hand, I did a couple of enhancements and I suspect that I might lose more than my lunch if better images showed what I think I saw. Also thinking (with no accusations) that some of the newer guys place too much reliance on some of the authority figures. Those earlier individuals perhaps occasionally making a bad call, or even a series of poor judgements depending on the items. FP
                    Last edited by Frogprince; 03-26-2020, 03:21 PM. Reason: editing problems

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X