Helmut Aptke Damascus dagger value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helmut Aptke Damascus dagger value?

I have found what appears to be an original non acid etched dagger belonging to Helmut Aptke. Made by krebbs of Solingen. What is the value??

Pictures would be a tremendous help in assessing such an item.

Comment

I can do that privately but the photos are not to go on a public forum.

Comment

What type of dagger is it?

Gary

Comment

He was one of the FJ who captured the fort at Eban-Emael in Holland/Belgium. The dagger is a Luftwaffe one. The inscription reads a heroic paratrooper and is then signed. We have not fathomed out by whom yet. On the reverse of the blade is his name.
          It’s a non acid etched Damascus blade. You can feel the Damascus on the edge and the pattern runs completely around the blade. The lettering is in mercury/gold

Comment

Useless thread if you ask me, I belive were here on waf to share information on our items including pictures, need just a value then perhaps spending time going through Google might be a help

Comment

Simon,
              With no pictures and just asking a value you make it exceedingly difficult for the membership to be of assistance to you.

Chet
              Zinc stinks!

Comment

No pictures = no answers

Comment

As I said available privately send me your email you can look.

Comment

Pictures have gone to Chet

Comment

Simon,
                      What I know about Luft Damascus blades can be found on the head of pin. You will be far better served by a member who actually collects them.
                      Hopefully a knowledgeable member will contact you and render assistance.

Chet
                      Zinc stinks!

Comment

Chet I appreciated your polite non aggressive response that’s why I shared the photos with you. Unfortunately I have had a lot of negative experience on the WAF with publishing photos of rare items. If there is a Damascus expert on here with an extensive collection please contact me.

Comment

I collect Damascus but don't want to see them, you should go to someone privately and not make a post the way you did. No wonder you have had negative experiences here.
                          Bob
                          www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

I don’t want the photos of what can be quite an important FJ dagger out in the public domain. All I am looking for is an experienced eye. That’s why I posted. If anyone with that experience would like to see the piece they would be very welcome.
                            This is my last post.

Comment

I have a blue car. How much is it worth?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X