LW swords without maker mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW swords without maker mark

I got a LW sword, which had no maker mark on the blade. Well, to be honest, I didn´t know what to think about that, but the sword itselve seemed to be OK.
    So I started to search the internet and I found some swords with no maker mark, and I thought: Well at least I got the proof, that there are some withaou a maker around. But I wanted to know more and I opened up the sword. and...found a maker mark stamped under the handle.
    Stamped, like in every other waepon WMW produced at that time. Ah, that made sense, if they did that to the blade, it would be damaged.

So I researched some more and found 2 other swords with that special hidden maker mark.

And now I have a suspicion: Could it be,that there aren`t any LW swords without a maker mark?
    Could it be, that every of these pieces was made by WMW and the maker mark is hidden under the handle, so noone, who doesn´t open the sword will ever see it?

What do you say? Could this be right?

Ostmaerker
    Attached Files

You are going to have to post lots more photos . Rob
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Interesting...I too would love to see more pictures. One thing I can add is that I have looked at a couple silver lion head SS sabers that were the work of WMW but had no trademark.

Comment

Ostmaerker, are all for of your pictured swords "no maker" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Reichsword View Post
          Ostmaerker, are all for of your pictured swords "no maker" ?
          No, no, just the one i showed, the last picture ist just "to show off" a bit

Ostmaerker

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X