From Hungary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Hungary?

This is VRFU in Finland but origin from Hungary? What is it's original type and is there schematic anywhere?

Kari OH5YW

Sorry, don't recognize the set.

There's some ww2 Hungarian set images available at the live.warthunder.com
    site, you can compare them with your set - although there's no exact match, ordinarily sets from some country share the details, so i link it anyway for the reference.

Put into the Google image search the following search string:

hungarian ww2 communication live.warthunder.com

Comment

Nope, it is not Hungarian.
      Csaba

Comment

It has a text "ELG IS HALJA" as other Hungarian radios...that is why I thought it was from there

Kari

Comment

The text means "The enemy is listening", ELG. is abbrev from Ellenség.

But wait! Do I see the Telefunken metal logo in the middle???
          Please make detail close up pictures of that set!

Comment

Yes, it has Telefunken metal plate in front. I found mention the it was made under Telefunken license by Siemens-Schuckert-Müvek Villamossági Részvénytársaság

Kari

Comment

Here's another picture of the same set (among with others), bigger, but not so much clearer.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._Marinum_2.JPG

As i see there's manufacturer's type shield in the upper right corner. Would be nice to get a nice clear image on it and also from the inside, if possible.

Comment

Wait until mid January when I get hands on these. I will take good photos

Kari

Comment

Got photo of that manufactery label for forehand:

Comment

Ok Sirs, I raise my hands, it is definitely Hungarian, it would be good to know the "Típus" (type) from the plate. Does not match the WW2 period ones I know (R/1 to R/8), but those are not airplane radios, this one is? The "Világítás" (Lighting) plate remained intact.
                    Try to get the type, pls.

The Hungarian Siemens-Sscuckert Works was selling Telefunken stuff, indeed. The company was still alive until ~1953, then it could not avoid the socialization.
                    Csaba
                    Last edited by csmagdo; 01-01-2017, 01:02 PM. Reason: +info

Comment

Seems like type (Tipus) is not stamped on this one, too bad
                      However, there in the Finland are more of this sets (i know at least one), and as Kari is radio amateur, it's easy for him to ask pictures of the type shields of other sets, maybe there is type stamped.

Then, there's nice web page of the Finnish war time radios.

http://www.oh1kw.fi/Radiotaulukko.htm

There's stated that VRFU is transceiver (sender + empfänger) 5W output power, frequency range 3000-6000 kHz, three boxes - radio 22 kg, generator 24,7 kg and accessory box 11 kg - maybe Funksammler can make from this something out - early Telefunken set with those parameters?

Inner pictures will reveal is this Telefunken design or not, however middle of the January is not far away

Comment

Hungarian R/3

As structure, the closest Hungarian made transceiver (by Telefongyár Rt.) is the R/3 (1932):

The R/3 had a built-in Morsetaste. The handmikro we see in the VRFU is very similar to the one made by the Telefongyár Rt.

R/3 tube section:

The Hungarian Siemens-Schuckert started to produce their own sets from 1942, until '42 they made Telefunken patented ones.

Kari, it will be VERY interesting for me as well to know as much as possible about when you will have it in your hands! Tnx!

Csaba

Comment

I have been through the Telefunken documentation, and there is nothing even close offered in the German and international catalogues. It seems that the Hungarian design and production was completely separate from the German factories, looking at the controls and components they seem to have little in common with German produced equipment (only the power supply plug looks like a pre-war Telefunken example).

Interestingly the type plate mentions Siemens Schuckert as the manufacturer rather than Telefunken. Siemens Schuckert was more typically involved in power generation and heavy industrial equipment, so I am not sure how they got involved in radio production. Unfortunately I can also not find out how and when Telefunken was linked to Siemens Schuckert in Hungary (at least not in german or english language documents), perhaps one of our Hungariann language members can do some online research and enlighten us.

So all in all the Telefunken link looks rather tenuous, and was probably purely commercial rather than technical.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

OH5YW, as i understand you have a book already about P-12-18 (VRFU), already from the october last year.

http://www.radiohistoria.fi/cgi-bin/...m=1477666129/1

Are we playing hide and seek here?! I certainly don't want to waste my time anymore...

Comment

Hi Val!

yes indeed I have this book but schematic from VRFU is not correct! That is why I need original if possible.

I know that Finland bought 180 VRFU from Hungary april 1940. All were modified for better suit for Finns.

I have plan to put this radio on the air if possible

Kari

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X