Kleine klappenschrank Tropen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kleine klappenschrank Tropen?

Finally managed to find a klappenschrank for my collection.
    It is nicely marked with waffenambt maker plate and trop wich stands for tropen (is this version more rare?). The whole klappenschrank is thoroughly painted green.
    My question: is this green paint wartime or post-war? It was found in denmark a long time ago and we know how al these countries painted german equipment green

The paint isn't reacting on aceton, so if i'm going to strip it I will need to use something other.

thanks!

I have never seen a painted original one, and also the colour green is not typically German, so I am pretty sure this is post war paint. You probably have to use paint stripper, once everything is off you should finish it in a clear laquer.

I think the Trop marked ones are fairly typical for the time period 41- 42, I don't think there is much difference in appeal to collectors if it is marked Trop or not....

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Thanx funksammler!

I already thought it was skandinavian post war paint cause it is painted over war damage in the wood. But you never know for sure.
      I will take it appart and then strip the paint. Can I use regular clear coat paint (spraycan) ?

Comment

Use paint stripper let it sit for 15-20 min and then remove the old paint. Apply clear natural stain with a brush and after it dries spray with polyurethane in satin finish.
        Show us the new beauty when its done. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks!

I had some spare time today (learning for my exams)

Here it is:

Next search will be for the amtszusatz, I think these are a bit harder to find.

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by Svenpanzer View Post

Here it is:
            Very nice job!

Comment

I looking urgently top cover of klappenshrank mabey some one have it
              Thx for help and sorry for off top in yor toppic

Comment

That is looking very nice a great improvement
                The metal cover is very hard to come by I was fortunate that mine had the cover with it, the cover for the Amtszusatz is even more rare a dealer I know has one for sale for 195 GPB!

Comment

I think about this lid -desk with isulatolrs

Comment

The covers are very hard to find. I wanted to display this klappenschrank in use, so i didn't need a cover. But in the future my next klappenschrank will have it's cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Svenpanzer View Post
                      Thanks!

Great job on that! Did you cover it with polyurethane to protect the wood? I like how "trop" letters came out.

Comment

yeah I spray painted it in a clear coat. But there is some damage here and there so on this sites I removed the clearcoat to make it look more authentic.

Seems it came out of a fire, the whole underside is burned black

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X