Somekind box for communication equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somekind box for communication equipment

Guys could you please helpe me ID this , as I think, box for some kind of communication equipment. Dimensions : 44 cm X 34 cm X 25 cm. Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by anmarlodz; 09-21-2013, 05:00 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

anyone ?

Comment

It is not of any radio installaion I know. The breathing hole in the lid suggest there was a compartment for storing batteries, but there is no cable transfer hatch, so I suspect it a storage box rahter than a battery box for something. Also the two handles suggest the box was not put upright like is normally the case with radio battery boxes. Since it is finished in red oxide primer only it was probably made in the final months of the war. So it is probably a very late war storage box for some piece of technical equipment, could be optical, medical, weapon related etc.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

i don't agree with what FS write , it's well an batteries box for Radio
              have a look at FU H E a, b, c, d batterie box , there is no
              transfert hatch in the cover .
              i have 2 like this labelled for the FU H E a , of course , all the Inside is gutted
              and it's difficult to identify if you don't own one .
              in the midden of cover you clearly see the place where the 2 X 2,4 NC 58
              are located .
              pierre

Comment

With two carrying handles?

Originally posted by Tornfuté View Post
                i don't agree with what FS write , it's well an batteries box for Radio
                have a look at FU H E a, b, c, d batterie box , there is no
                transfert hatch in the cover .
                i have 2 like this labelled for the FU H E a , of course , all the Inside is gutted
                and it's difficult to identify if you don't own one .
                in the midden of cover you clearly see the place where the 2 X 2,4 NC 58
                are located .
                pierre

Comment

the case is modified and one handle is added , it's not an late war
                  as funk horch empfanger a , b , c, d are developped before the war .
                  the cover prove it's for a FUH E ( x) serie just refer to any of the FUHE ( x)
                  book , all the holes are closed by rivets , somebody has find easier to add one
                  for his personal use .
                  if you don't believe me i can give picture of the original case
                  pierre

Comment

cover is around 346 x 436 mm

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/a...psb9e57eba.jpg

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps7ed75131.jpg
                    http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/a...psb0add03d.jpg

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/a...psc8e07484.jpg

on front cover right in midden they are 2 small holes not originals

pierre

Comment

You are probably right that it started out as an unfinished Funkhorch battery box, I don't think the deviders and external fittings were ever fitted (there are no tell-tale "shadows" in the box). Somebody went through a lot of trouble to rivet all the holes and attach an extra handle.

I still think it is very late war. Even though they were designed before the war, production was continued until the bitter end. Even your tan painted box is probably from late 1944, after which they omitted the top coat altogether in the final months of the war.

It appears that some of the rivets have red oxide paint on them as well, indicating that the box was modified before it was spray painted, this indicates that it was adapted in the factory for something else.....

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

hello Red primmer is used also after WWII , about handles the shape of rivets is different
                        the heads ( round ; other 60 or 90 ° ) . Inside grey painted
                        german factory did'nt do or work like this .
                        i agree it can be manufactored at the end of the war , despite the fact that it's a pre- WWII design ., i don't believe they make all the holes for the rivets and then close them , i think it's a modification after WWII , like a lot of boxes
                        case , pounches ...
                        for, my tan yellow DAK box it's shurely late production , they have to use the paint they had produce for the DAK .
                        the FU H E ( x) battery box is also used with a very rare receiver
                        the FU P.E.c is like an funkhorch but with goniometer . i think that as it's used in a lorry the battery box is not fitted with a hatch as it stay Inside

pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Tornfuté View Post
                          hello Red primmer is used also after WWII , about handles the shape of rivets is different
                          the heads ( round ; other 60 or 90 ° ) . Inside grey painted
                          german factory did'nt do or work like this .
                          i agree it can be manufactored at the end of the war , despite the fact that it's a pre- WWII design ., i don't believe they make all the holes for the rivets and then close them , i think it's a modification after WWII , like a lot of boxes
                          case , pounches ...
                          for, my tan yellow DAK box it's shurely late production , they have to use the paint they had produce for the DAK .
                          the FU H E ( x) battery box is also used with a very rare receiver
                          the FU P.E.c is like an funkhorch but with goniometer . i think that as it's used in a lorry the battery box is not fitted with a hatch as it stay Inside

pierre
                          Thank you very much for your help guys.

The box is NOT painted inside - it was GALVANIZED ( covered with layer of zink cover ) and the red primer is exacly the same as I have seen on many wartime made items.

I agree that one of the handles looks like it have been added. So probably the purpose of it was changed during production.

I'm absolutely sure that galvanization of whole box ( it was galvanized also outside as you can see ) and paiting with red primer was done in factory.

Maybe it was used for medic purpose , mayber for something else.

Now my question is ; how much could worth such a box ?

I don't collect communication equipment and medic stuff so don't need it. Thanks in davance.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X