No announcement yet.

SS Code practise tape?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the tape contains exercise 24 a and 24 b, not much to do with the equipment numbers. Likewise I don't think SS links to the infamous black corps (it would have been a runic "SS" symbol for starters) but it probably is the name of the complete set of exercises. This tape would have been one of a set of tapes, with increasing difficulty and speed.

If you look carefully at the photographs, you can actually see that the tape is punched.

I have seen different types of morse code practice machines, the most interesting uses round disks and the code is read by a light cell picking up light reflections from the disk. Sounds familiar? This is actually the same principle as modern CD's! The speed of the exercises could be increased by increasing the rotation speed of the disk.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Hello

Some informations about this : http://www.nonstopsystems.com/radio/...eschreiber.htm

Regards Rv12P2000

Comment

Thanks, Funksammler, rv12p2000. It would be interesting to see any other training tapes markings.

Comment

Code tape

Thanks so very much to everyone who's commenting and helping with understanding what this item is. Val, sorry it took so long to get back. Here are a few more pics.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X