No announcement yet.

100W.S. mode switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, all looks to be in good condition, so there shouldn't be anything fundamentally wrong. Are the blades on the antenna switch all properly aligned?

Fortunately the 100 W.S. is relatively easy to service, plenty of space and everything screws apart. By undoing the four screws around the control switch you should be able to move the switch just enough to disengate the gears between 3a and 3b so you can tell in which part of the switch your problem lies.

By the way, is the position shown the furthest left that the switch will turn? The switch should sit in the middle of the "Aus" position. Perhaps somebody has simply misaligned the gears between 3a and 3b....

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

100W.S. - thanks for ideas

Thank you Yuri, Funksammler and rv12p2000 for all those ideas. I shall be extremely careful not to force anything. It is an extremely fine piece of equipment.

Funksammler - the switch is as far left as it will go. So, as you say, it should be in the middle of the "Aus" position - but it is not. That will be a clue, I think.

I was intrigued by your reference to Celeron, rv12p2000. I have not heard of this stuff before. I found some information on it here, where it is referred to be several trade names as "Novotext", "Resitex" and "Celeron" (and more). It turns out to be bakelite reinforced with cotton. Its big advantage apparently is that it does not need oil to achieve low friction.

I will try and separate the switches to see which half has the problem. And I will post more photos if I find out what the "jam" is!

Richard

Comment

Hi,

On this picture i notice that one screw (circeled with red) had markings like someone had forced it to unscrew. Maybe someone is still tampered the switch, look carefully on all the screws.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...itch_small.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Val View Post
          Hi,

On this picture i notice that one screw (circeled with red) had markings like someone had forced it to unscrew. Maybe someone is still tampered the switch, look carefully on all the screws.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...itch_small.jpg
          That looks like one of the screws that connects to bottom module to the chassis.

Comment

100W.S. - solution!

Folks,

thanks for the latest ideas. Exactly right with looking at the screws. My colleague Tony spent a couple of hours looking at the switch with a strong light and found a loose bolt caught in the switch mechanism.

I was delayed so I missed getting the vital photo of exactly where this screw was caught. When I got to our workshop, he had the offending bolt on the bench. I managed to get a (very poor quality) photo of it:

I know its unclear - but you probably get the idea. The bolt is bent, and broken - "mangled" you might say. It was jamming the switch as I previously described. As far as I can tell, this bolt did not come from the 100W.S. itself - it probably came from some other work going on in some previous owner's workshop.

The mode switch now works beautifully - exactly as expected. This story is a reminder to us all to keep a clean workspace, when working on equipment like this out of its case.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Richard
            Last edited by trfh; 05-09-2013, 01:29 AM. Reason: Posted by accident too early

Comment

...Or deliberate sabotage.... (not unheard of in German sets).

Congrats anyway with the fix!

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Originally posted by Funksammler View Post
                ...Or deliberate sabotage.... (not unheard of in German sets).

Congrats anyway with the fix!

regards,

Funksammler
                In 1941-45 sure, but in 1939?

Comment

Hello

One of the techniques of sabotage used by the French on material produced by SFR for telefunken was a exceed the maximum temperature during the tests in an oven
                  Result capacitors were cooked and out of order after 6 months

Regards RV12p2000

You have a book about the french radio for german factory during the WW2 in french

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X