5 Watt sender (need help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys
    I have been a little busy the last years since i last posted a update here on the communications equipment forum.

I have spent most of all my spare time on my family lately. I have built a new house for me and my family. I started building the house on my spare time - afternoons, weekends and holidays all went into the building process. (In addition to having a full time job) I did all the work myself, with good help from my father - only hiring in a plumber and electrician. We moved in in the fall of 2014.
    In may 2015, we got another addition to our family - and we got another son. Our third child.
    I have been spending some time, restoring a 1,5 ton 1939 Opel Blitz (LKw), wich i bought right here in my home town. I am almost done restoring it now, and I should have it on the road this summer. And I also bought a 1943 VW Kübelwagen restoration project, that was sitting in a garage just a few miles from where I live. I'll start restoring the VW, as soon as the Blitz is done.
    Here is a picture of the Blitz that I took last summer:

And The Blitz with the third WH wehicle from my collection, a 1936 Opel Olympia staffcar. I bought the Olympia from a old man in my home town also. These pictures was taken before I had gotten around to paint the new house

And at last a picture of the next wehicle project, the VW 82. It has been taken apart, but I have about 95% of all the original parts. It looks worse than it is

But anyway - back to the radios.
    As you have seen, I did pair up the 5 W.S. with a very nice 1941 dated Torn.E.b.
    Here are some pictures, from the first time that I powered up these radios together:

It looks pretty nice, when all the parts start to come together, doesn't it?

Comment

Anyway. As some of you may perhaps remember, I also have a antenna project for the FU9 setup going.
      I posted the Sternantenne a antenna top in another thread, HERE

Since then, I have found and bought a Very nice KM8 for my radios. The kurbelmast surfaced in the southern parts of Norway. It is in very good original working condition. Original paint an all.

And some pictures taken inside our livingroom:

I have also found a original ceramic insulator, that goes between the KM and the antenna top:

And I bought a matching baseplate/ground plate for the antenna. This part was also found here in Norway:

The elevation mechanism/telescope cranck mechanism on this KM is so smooth and easy, that my 5 year old daughter, can cranck it up and down without any problems. I did not realize that they were so easy to operate

Comment

Thank you for showing, Bjørn, very nice. Especially i like your
        kurbelmast. Is there type plate still present? Can you show it?
        Thanks!

Comment

Thank you for your comment, Val
          Unfortinently, the only thing missing on my Kurbelmast is the type plate
          Only one screw, and empty holes are left from where the plate has been. But it is clear that this plate has been missing for a very long time, as the KM has recieved a secondary layer of paint, after the plate was gone.

Here is the Libelle on the Kurbelmast. In very good condition, and stil has at least 95% of its original fluid:

Comment

Originally posted by Bjørn View Post
            Unfortinently, the only thing missing on my Kurbelmast is the type plate
            Too bad, but still better than missing some other components

Is that WaA stamp inside the level indicator lid? Is the WaA number readable?

Comment

Yes, there is a WaA stamp inside the lid. It's a bit blurry, but I think it reads 163, if I'm not terribly mistaken. It is hard to get a good photo of it.

Comment

I have also collected some more acsessories for the radio and the antenna. I got hold of a splended 1940 dated Kunstantenne for the 5W.S.

And I also found a original Gegengewichtkabel (with the correct length - 25 meters) for the transmitter.

And I also got a nice original booklet, on building or setting up antennas:

And I also found the main part for the Bosch Steckanschluss fu.b. - the Schalt kasten fu.b.

I have not tested the Schaltkasten yet, but I think it may be in working condition.
                I also came across a extra Steckanschlussdose not long ago:

But finding the original housing for it will be a challenge I guess. And I'll need to get hold of a GG400 generator too, to charge batteries or run the radio on.

I also have a few original groundpegs/anchors for the guywires for the kurbelmast, a few wires and som inulator chains (eierketten). Ill have to get some pictures taken. Althou I still do not have enough for a complete set for the antenna yet.
                I am also still on the lookout for a original 15 meters long Zuführungskabel - antenna cable.

Comment

Yes, there is a WaA stamp inside the lid. It's a bit blurry, but I think it reads 163, if I'm not terribly mistaken. It is hard to get a good photo of it.
                  Thanks. There's mixed results with WaA code 163, different sources say different things...

Comment

Originally posted by Val View Post
                    Thanks. There's mixed results with WaA code 163, different sources say different things...
                    Thanks for Checking, Val. The code could perhaps also be 763 ?
                    It's a shame that the code is so blurry.

Best Regards
                    Bjørn

Comment

Thanks for Checking, Val. The code could perhaps also be 763 ?
                      It's a shame that the code is so blurry.
                      Actually 763 is more real - Meta Metallwerk GmbH, Arnstadt, Thüringen.

Does anyone else have remaining WaA code on the Kurbelmast?

Comment

You have certainly been busy, you are well on your way to complete the FU9SE5 setup. Any plans to set up your Blitz as an improvised radio vehicle?

I suspect the Wa.A on the spirit level is for the spirit level only, the mast itself would have been stamped on the missing label.

It would be nice to find a early war grey Sternantenne; most found today are the very late war tan examples and are from a large batch found in a store in the 1970's.

You must also have a very understanding wife if she lets you set up the antenna in your freshly painted house!

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Duplicate post....

Comment

Thanks funksammler

The Opel Blitz has always been a flatbed, and I'm restoring it accordingly. I like to keep things as close to the original as possible. And the original electrical wiring is 6 volt on these lorries.
                            I have seen the other 1,5 ton Blitz improvised funkwagen project, but i am afraid that the wooden cabin that surfaced, is a postwar early Bundeswehr cabin.

But Anyway, The Kübelwagen project may turn out differently.
                            I took off the Typenschild from the chassi to clean and preserve it, and I noticed the "Entstört nach Gruppe I" marking on it.
                            This means it was proberbly electrically fitted and noise reduced/screened to acommodate a radio in it? I am not 100% sure, but I think that there is a chance of it. I will try to dive deeper into the subject, and learn more when I am starting the restoration process after the Blitz is finished.

Klaus Peter Emig in germany sold a grey 1941 dated Sternantenne, just a couple of months ago. LINK
                            I did want it, but couldn't afford it right then. But anyway, I am quite happy with the one I already have - 1943 dated.

Haha, yes - I have indeed a very understanding and supporting wife. She's the best thing that has ever happend to me

Best Regards
                            Bjørn
                            Last edited by Bjørn; 01-22-2017, 07:51 AM.

Comment

But Anyway, The Kübelwagen project may turn out differently.
                              I took off the Typenschild from the chassi to clean and preserve it, and I noticed the "Entstört nach Gruppe I" marking on it.
                              This means it was proberbly electrically fitted and noise reduced/screened to acommodate a radio in it?
                              You can read more about it from this 1941 Funkschau article "Die Technik der Kraftfahrzeug-Entstörung"

http://www.radiomuseum.org/forumdata...41_1v1_v30.pdf

Comment

Thank you ever so much for this link, Val!
                                This is very interesting reading, and a confirmation of what I previously suspected:

der Durchführungsvorschriften des Oberkommandos des Heeres behandeln die Voraussetzungen der V o l l - entstörung (Gruppe I), der Teilentstörung (Gruppe II) und der E i n f a c h entstörung (Gruppe III).
                                Bei der V o l l entstörung (Gruppe I) ist der Verwendungszweck des Fahrzeugs ein Sonderkraftfahrzeug mit Funkgerät.
                                I'll save this document, and use it for better reference later.
                                This is quite interesting.
                                Thanks again

Kind Regards
                                Björn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X