5 Watt sender (need help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bjørn View Post
    I have seen the other 1,5 ton Blitz improvised funkwagen project, but i am afraid that the wooden cabin that surfaced, is a postwar early Bundeswehr cabin.
    Indeed, this Belgian chap keeps believing he has got a wartime radio body, even though I provided plenty of evidence that it is Postwar bundeswehr/grenzschutz.

But then you do not necessarily need a closed body, they did use flatbed trucks as improvised radio vehicles.

The Kübelwagen body seems to be a standard Kfz 1 four door version, it should be easy enough to spot the antenna and radio case attachments on the body if it was ever a Kfz2. Sometimes the Kfz.1 was shielded up to group 1 if the vehicle needed to operate near other vehicles fitted with radios.

Pitty, I sold all my shielded ignition parts for the Kübel, but I possibly do know of another set if you are interersted.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Yes, if you compare the pictures of the "Belgian kofferaufbau" and the one pictured on the Bundes Geshutz registered 1950's Hanomag that I posted, you'll see that it is an exact match.

You are proberbly right, regarding the VW82 Funksammler. I have not done any research on the radio kübelwagens yet. But I did have the impression of that the small kofferaufbau, was just mounted in a ordinary 4 door tub, with only small modifications, like the antennabracket and specially designed rear seat and such.

But nevertheless, I would be very interested in shielded 6 Volt distributor, dynamo, coil and such. I do have the original KDF engine, transmission, axels, front suspension, mechanical brakes and steering parts, but I'm missing all of the electrical components as well as the original carburettor.

Cheers
      Björn

Comment

Radio Kübel

Hi Björn,
        I have also got a Volkswagen Typ82 Fu.
        That car is the reason why I'm into the radio stuff right now.......
        It took me quite a while to find out the correct settings and equipment of it.
        I'd like to add some pics, but did not find out yet how to do.

There are some parts left and I consider selling them ( or swap with other radio parts).

Best regards
        Wolf

Comment

Hi Wolf.
          That sounds very interesting, and I'd love to see pictures of your radiokübel.
          The thing is, that you have to be a paying member on the forum to upload and host pictures directly in your post.
          I myself use photobucket ( www.photobucket.com ) - free webhosting of photoalbums. I've been using it since 2007 for hosting pictures, and just insert a "[IMG]" code with the pictures url from photobucket and post it on the forum. Then I can use the same picture -uploaded just once to photobucket, and share in several different foras simultaneously.

Or, you can send me your pictures to my email, and I can upload and post them for you
          In that case, send to a-ilstad@operamail.com

Anyway, I would be very interested in hearing more about wich parts you might have to sell or trade, from your own radiokübel project. And also, I'd like to know more about technical solutions/correct settings and equipment used on it.

[edit]: I am not 100% sure yet, vhether my VW is a radiovehicle or not, and I have not made any decisions yet about how I will restore it. But I'm always interested in learning more about the subject. The learning process and good research will decide the outcome of how my VW will be restored. As I mentioned earlier, I'd like my stuff to be as close to the original configuration as possible, and as historically correct as possible.
          Even thou if it should turn out that it was not a radiovehicle, it's still an awesome wehrmacht vehicle.

Best Regards
          Björn
          Last edited by Bjørn; 02-06-2017, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Hi Björn,

it's quite easy to find out, if your Kübel was a Radiokübel, or not.
            First, it has to be a 3 seater, easy to spot as it has to have the rear passenger door lockable with a padlock on the outside,
            Then, check the left rear quarter panel. There, the antenna was located. If there are holes for the antenna base, you got a radio Kübel.
            Check the Typenschild type plate, there should be stamped in a roman I at the line for "Entstört nach Gruppe".
            I've sent you some pics of my Kübel, check your mail box.

Cheers
            Wolf

Comment

Posting Pictures for Mr Wolf82

Comment

You have a very nice Kübelwagen there, Mr Wolf.
                It looks like it still retains quite a lot of its original color? Out from the color scheme, I would think that your Kübel was produced sometimes between august 1943 and february 1944? (typical for grey undercarriage and dunkelgelb tub) My own Kübel was produced on October 19th 1943, and shall have the same color combination. (I got the production date from the Volkswagen museum)

On the last picture from Mr Wolf's car, we see trough the inspection hatch in the firewall, from inside the car. What we see there is the Bosch shielding components and the shielded ignition-Coil, wich are mounted on the backside of the "Gebläsekasten" or the fan-housing on the engine. Early KDF VW engines had these components mounted, so that you can't see them just by opening the engine-cover.

If you see a few posts back, I have taken pictures of the original Typenschild from my kübel, and it is indeed marked with the "Entstört nach Gruppe I"

I do not have the original backseat for my kübelwagen. Neither the doors pictured on the tub originally belonged to this car. They come from a 1942 model, wich was found here in the forest a few years back. And unfortinently, the back panel, wich would give a good hint about the antennabracket, is very rust-damaged

Comment

I don't have any good pictures showing the rust-damages areas on my own kübelwagen, but I have enlarged one of the old ones. Here you see that parts of this panel is rusted away. The undercarriage is in near perfect condition, but the body has been laying on the side on the ground for several years, and hence the drivers side has a bit of rust damage.

But I have this spare part, that I will use, to rebuild the sidepanel:

Comment

Very nice Kübel indeed! Does it have an antenna guide fitted over the rear compartment?

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

That's very nice kübel, Wolf82. I'd love to look at more pictures.
                      Is that Torn.Fu.b1 fully operational?

Comment

Hi everybody,

yes, the Torn.Fu.b is fully operational.
                        Some 2 years ago we had a small radio meeting, I had to drive the Kübel somewhere into the forest and had to transmit messages.
                        I was exactly located with an EP2 !!

The antenna guide was removed, but meanwhile I could find an original one and put it back into place.

Björn, with the Enstörgruppe I on your type plate, I would definitively go for the Funkkübel!
                        I'll send you pics of the available parts for it.

Cheers
                        Wolf

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf82 View Post

yes, the Torn.Fu.b is fully operational.
                          Some 2 years ago we had a small radio meeting, I had to drive the Kübel somewhere into the forest and had to transmit messages.
                          I was exactly located with an EP2 !!
                          Hehe, that's just pure fun

If you have any more pictures, bring them on.

Comment

http://s667.photobucket.com/user/fen...how/Funkkuebel
                            Last edited by Wolf82; 02-21-2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X