No announcement yet.

The Funkeruhr and timekeeping of communication troops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks , you are the real true source of knowledge of these clocks, I have a couple more that I will photo and post up, Mike

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello Correct wooden and mecanism are of different period
      So it will be an export clock , strange that it wears heereseigentum
      and 8 days , we will never know which country has bought
      Kienzle clocks , they are less accurate then original as the
      movement is only supported by 6 rubis , it will wear earlier
      then 10 rubis.
      Note i own also one clock stamped 8 days 6 rubis , and the manufacture
      date is 1940
      Pierre

Comment

And here is a junghans j30 D like to know the year it was roughly produced?

Comment

Probably an early war Luftwaffe clock, around 1941. It still has the "pre-war" clock face with luminescent paint on the numbers, while having the bakelite inner housing typical for late-war clocks. Unfortunately we have not yet found a correlation between the serial number and the date of manufacture.

By comparing various Luftwaffe clocks in this thread you can see a development from the the metal inner housing to the early type bakelite inner housing (Helpfully still dated, the earliest of this type we have seen is 1938) to the late type bakelite inner housing seen here (No longer dated, introduced around 1940?). Likewise we see the change of the faceplate and the change from lacquered to grey painted wooden housing. It seems that these different developments were introduced at different times but we don't know exactly when.

It is difficult to say if the wooden outer housing started its life looking like it does now, the wear pattern seems to suggest it has had two subsequent overpaints over the original lacquer finish.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Thank you again for your time researching information on it [emoji106]

Comment

I agree with Funkersammler, in my opinion it's an late 1940 or early 1941 but I go more to 1941.

Comment

Originally posted by benutzer View Post
                found this clock
                benutzer - VERY nice 1931 clock! So far the only 1931 i have ever seen.

One more 1934 and 1933

https://www.militaria-fundforum.de/s...d.php?t=259518

And one more 1934

https://www.tarnmilitaria.com/?product=15023

We need to create a reference gallery of every clock still out there...
                Last edited by Val; 09-23-2018, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Another one, stamp on back is same as inside wa.A.178

Comment

Ah, they keep on coming! A prewar Heer Junghans this time, no problem dating that one.. Some slight damage on the wooden housing (which is not that untypical for these clocks), done a long time ago. It appears there is a faint clockholder's mark on the front, indicating that this clock was used in a radio vehicle.

Unfortunaely, somebody has been busy with the fake Wa.A stamps, the one inside the housing is clearly bogus and the one on the wood is simply in the wrong place. This one has clearly been through the militaria "trade" circuit...

From the scratch marks and replaced lock ring on the spring housing you can also deduct that the clock has been "serviced" rather inexpertly, lets hope not too much damage was done to the movement....

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

While this forum is still alive - one photo.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/mQAAA...pG/s-l1600.jpg

As you see, there's Stationsuhr right away on the desk.

However can any uniform expert ID the operator? Helferin? Teletype operator shoulder patch?

Comment

Yes I wondered about the stamp, the scratches may have been done by my clock guy, as he had a spare mainspring it didn't run, but now it keeps good time again, thank you again to the God of clocks [emoji106][emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Funksammler View Post

Unfortunaely, somebody has been busy with the fake Wa.A stamps, the one inside the housing is clearly bogus and the one on the wood is simply in the wrong place. This one has clearly been through the militaria "trade" circuit...
                          Here is my 1939 Heereseigentum, same rubber stamp and the stamp on the housing is on the same place
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here is my 1938 Heereseigentum with the same rubber stamp
                            Attached Files

Comment

here is my 1940 Heereseigentum 1940 with the same rubber stamp
                              Attached Files

Comment

this is just an small example of my clocks but as you see not everythink is black or white, I startet a time ago an search about WaA stamps by radio station clocks and the leather case .
                                When I'm ready to write in english I will present the result.
                                - Which WaA was used when
                                - Which WaA stamp was used by which marker (Köhler, Junghans, Kienzle,..)
                                and and and

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X