Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W.Gl.2.4a Vibrator

Hi All

I'd like to think I can get my Feld. fu. b going again & it appears that like most that the vibrator is dead. (Although there is some mechanical noise so maybe a contact problem?)

Very interested to hear if anyone has a live one for sale or can help somehow. I have read with interest Per's site re diasssembleing these but it would not be my preferred method. Can anyone help or make any suggestions?

Best,.>Rob
    Last edited by fieldgear; 05-26-2009, 01:50 AM.

I think your best bet is to open it up and clean the contacts. I don't think you are going to need all the special tools that Per is describing, careful use of standard handtools will do just as well. Not all vibrators are salvageable so it is probably a good idea to get some spare ones anyway (they do pop up regularly on Ebay). Get some contact spray and some extra fine waterproof sandpaper to clean the contacts. If it doesn't work the worst you will end up with are some scratches on the aluminium housing of your defective vibrator, if it does work the satisfaction of a soft humming sound coming from your Feldfu. What have you got to loose?

Best of luck,

Funksammler

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X