Final price of the nice Torn. Fu. d2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final price of the nice Torn. Fu. d2

What was the final price of the nice Torn. Fu. d2 with battery box on Ebay?

Thanks,

Yuri

Originally posted by Yuri Desyatnik View Post
    What was the final price of the nice Torn. Fu. d2 with battery box on Ebay?

Thanks,

Yuri
    3.365,00 EURO, Yuri

Comment

And it still needed an antenna for another estimated 500! The one before that (1945 dated, repainted boxes) went for 3210.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

... also (but not on this post, but one posted earlier!) I thought there was an unwritten rule on WAF not to post the details of live auctions?

Comment

Originally posted by paul clements View Post
          ... also (but not on this post, but one posted earlier!) I thought there was an unwritten rule on WAF not to post the details of live auctions?

I'm not aware of such a rule.
          Why shouldn't we discuss them ?

Regards,
          Kris

Comment

Well, out of respect for people bidding on a live auction so that prices don't go sky-high once everybody in the world knows about it!

But I'm cool... if you don't want that... well that's fine... I just thought that there was this unwritten rule to discuss an item once the bidding has closed, not during......maybe I've been on the Fallschirmjäger Forum too long!!

Best wishes, Paul.
            Last edited by paul clements; 05-19-2009, 02:38 PM.

Comment

But the auction was over before I asked about it.

I personally don't discuss live auctions on the forum as they are taking place, because it just runs up the price. But there are others here that do this consistently.

Yuri

Comment

I posted a link to a live auction. It was more of a "what the heck is this" rather than a "please bid on my item". Next time I will wait until it closes.

Mea culpa

SpookyDad

Comment

As I said in my earlier post it wasn't you Yuri.... (it was the same item but on another thread in the communications forum)

Best wishes, Paul.
                  Last edited by paul clements; 05-20-2009, 01:14 AM.

Comment

So is it a written or an unwritten rule not to discuss live auctions? Anyway I don't see much evidence of adherence to this rule as the awards forum is awash with threads discussing transactions.

Personally I don't see any problems with discussing Ebay items as the information is usually to the benefit of the forum members. Without the forum I probably wouldn't be aware of some of the scams and fakery that is going on at the moment! As for the argument that the discussion drive the price up, there would have to be some evidence that the discussions encourage high bidding and I frankly don't see that in the communication forum threads. I would say that members of a community help and support each other with information and self censorship defeats this objective.

Anyway, just another view on the topic.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X