No announcement yet.

Antenna pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the kurbelmast created by the following manufacturer of war-time production? "Humboldt-Deutz AG (Werk Berlin Tempelhof) "

Thank you,

Yuri

Comment

Simply beautiful.

Comment

Funksammler,

Is the kurbelmast created by the following manufacturer of war-time production? "Humboldt-Deutz AG (Werk Berlin Tempelhof) "

Thank you,

Yuri

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I had to dig out the Kurbelmast from behind some other stuff in my workshop.

Manufacturing code "knz", not sure which factory that is. Does anybody have their German ordenance code book handy?

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Fantastic antenna's, great work and thank you for the nice photography and explanation.
            I wonder, did you do swr or other measurements on these antenna's and set-ups ? I'm curious to see the results

Comment

Originally posted by Funksammler View Post
              .....Manufacturing code "knz", not sure which factory that is. Does anybody have their German ordenance code book handy?........Funksammler
              Funksammler.....I don't find this code, but in http://www.trizna.ru/galerea/albums/...ance_codes.pdf (46 pages) PDF

"kzn Kienzle Uhrenfabrik GmbH, Dammerkirch plant"

Jan.

Comment

Looks like the codes for that maker are:

bjm
                atl

Yuri

Comment

Funksammler, for what frequency range that Sternantenne was?

Comment

The Sternantenne was predominantly used with Low and Medium frequency sets. Medium wave was about 1 -3 Mhz, Low frequency < 1Mhz.

It is actually not the Sternantenne that radiates the radio energy, it acts as a capacitive top, allowing more RF current to flow in the wire that leads up to it. So the connecting wire from the set to the Sternantenne is the actual antenna.

The "normal" sternantenne ("Antenne Stern a") was typically used with medium wave sets such as the 30 W.S.a (either with a Torn.E.b or Mw.E.c as receiver) or the 5.W.S with Torn.E.b.

There is also a extendable version ("Antenne Stern c") where the radials of the Sternantenne can be lenghtened to 2.5 meters, which was used with Low frequency sets such as the 100 W.S and 1.5 Kw.S.a1.

Before the war the wire strung "umbrella" antenna ("Schirmantenne") were the norm with most Long and Medium wave sets. The Sternantenne was phased in early in the war, I think due to the demand of reconnaisance vehicles where the speed of deploying the antenna was important. Eventually the Sternantenne would replace the umbrella antenna on most vehicle- borne sets.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Funksammler,

Thank you,

Yuri

Comment

Not sure Yuri, I can only find references to postwar examples made by this manufacturer. Not impossible that they just continued wartime production. I can't find an ordinance code for the Berlin factory either, so who knows it was "knz"....

When I recover my ordinance code book I will hopefully find some answers.

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

codes

hello
                          knz is sudetendeutsche F. Piechatzek werke freiberg/ ostsud
                          bjm is klöckner humbold deutz köln
                          atl is klöckner humbold deutz ulm
                          pierre

Comment

That's some nice antennas!

The base of the first one reminds me of this piece, can anybody confirm that it is part of an antenna?

Comment

The spirit level is the same type as used on the Kurbelmast, however your assembly doesn't look like an antenna part. Did it come off a bunker?

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Looks more like a base for a bunker optic.
                                I remember PzBf2 or 5 was using this kind of base.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X