Confused about what goes into a Stug III g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused about what goes into a Stug III g

I'm a bit confused after reading the Trenkle book, about what system goes into the Stug III g. Based on the book, there's the FU16 config: Ukw.E.h and 10W.S.h pair, but there is also another rack in there for two more large devices. What are those devices? Perhaps an FU5? I also know that the LSG (Fu)b goes into that vehicle on a special mount.

Yuri

stug radios

Yuri,
    Thats my favorite german spg. Your right about the fu16 latter stugs had the fu 15 set when the germans started useing there stugs as tanks about sometime in 1944. The fu15/16 was on one side and a single reciever on the other side. Thats why the 2 antennas. The loud speaker was attached to the single reciever and tuned to battalion for orders. That was pretty much the standard radio gear for a stug, theres not much room in them for more. They worked with a halftrack vehical a Sd.kfz 253 which they used as there command panzer. There were stugs which had remote control gear in them to remotely control a BIV Borgward Demolition carrier. The antenna for that was mounted on the top frount of the super structure . (The first battle bot.) But since german gear was very easy to install in any vehical there could be the odd vehical with other radio set ups. I wil post some pics of the gear installed and a schamatic of the radio setup ASAP.

I dont own any of the trekel books but I think alot of the information out there is lost in translation and some just may be wroung.

Like the yellow stripe your 1940 Mcwe has a yellow stripe, my 1944 Mcwe has a yellow stripe, why would the still be modifing 1944 radios to be used as a intercom.. Its a modification to lower the audio of the side tone so the radio operator would not go deaf. This sets had powerful audio amps. Wear your panzer headphones and turn the volume up, you will find out what I mean . These radios were used for other applications, were that mod was not needed.

I am always amazed why the germans would not have intercom boxies before 1942, just does not make any sense. They had them.

Private email me your address I will mail the f manual next week. I made a copy, just cant get the scan to be clear enough. Take a look at cap C77 in your set. Its held in by 4 screws on the back of the radio, its 330uf, how would you replace the inside with a new cap it has a ceramic top? I would drill out the bottom but thats the side that shows. Any ideas? It is a very high quality made cap.

Regards
    Alan

Comment

There was also a Mwec and 30 ws that went were the single reciever went. This may explain the large radio rack.

Alan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X