Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1942 Torn.E.b

Hello.
    I'll post some pictures of my Torn.E.b set here.
    The radio is in un-modified working condition. These radios are proberbly the most usual encountered today, when it comes to German WW2 wireless equipment. I have owned this radio for about a year now. I bought the radio as a complete set here in Norway minus the 2b38 battery and the spare tubes, wich I got from Germany.
    I hope you like the pictures.
    Björn

Björn,

An absolutely superb set. Excellent condition and looks just amazing! If you can, show us photos of the receiver with the covers removed.

Thank you,

Yuri

Comment

Hello Yuri. Thanks for the kind words.
      I'll post some pictures of the inside of the reciever later. I'll have to get some new pictures taken.
      I had been looking for a good Torn.E.b for a long time, when I bought this radio. I had not been expecting to buy such a complete set until I found this radio for sale.
      Anyway Yuri - If you are interested I have a scan (Pdf format) on my computer, of the "Beladeplan" wich is situated in the pocket of the reciever's frontcover. This paper are always missing from inside the cover.
      Kind Regards
      Björn

Comment

Yes, definitely post the image of this diagram.

Yuri

Comment

Beladeplan

I have tried to get a good picture out of the Beladeplan Pdf format.
          The quality of the scan might not be perfect as I had to convert it to jpeg format,
          to be able to upload the image. I't's the best I could do for now.
          I hope this helps.
          Bj******246;rn

Comment

Very nice

Hello,

Very nice piece of collection.
            I have seen just a few in such a good, complete state.

Cheers,
            Pascal

Comment

Slt,

This is simply Fan-tas-tic !! Original paint & all

yves

Comment

Oh my God!!!! I just realized that this is a 1942 dated Torn E.b!!!

It has the control panel of what I considered to be a 1943 model. I have never seen this before.

You have a very rare reciever there.

Here is my 1942 model:
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments on my radio, guys :-)
                  You have a very nice early spec. Torn.E.b there, Yuri. I was originally looking for a reciever like yours, with the voltmeter and the R******252;ckkopplung scale. I didn't realize that the frontpanel configuration I have on mine is rare for a 1942 model. The reason I bought this reciever, even though it is without the voltmeter and the R******252;ckkopplung scale was that it came as a complete matching set in working condition with the rare batterybox and the EW.b Zerhacker (vibrator) unit. And I think I got it for a good price - I payed about $950 or 690€ shipping included. (6000 Norwegian Kroner)
                  Unfortinently I haven't gotten around to get some pictures taken of the inside of the radio as I promised earlier, but I'll see if I can get some during this weekend.
                  Kind Regards
                  Bj******246;rn
                  Last edited by Bjørn; 03-09-2007, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Any other "Beladeplan" available? Desperately seeking for 5WS/ 15WSE/ d2/ WR1P?
                    Big thanks upfront for any of your efforts!
                    Cheers Fritze

Comment

Originally posted by Bjørn View Post
                      Unfortinently I haven't gotten around to get some pictures taken of the inside of the radio as I promised earlier, but I'll see if I can get some during this weekend.
                      Kind Regards
                      Björn
                      Long weekend?

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Very long weekend indeed. almost 10 years long
                        But I'll do good on my promise. I still have the radio, and I'll post some pictures in a few moments

Comment

Here you are
                          Front panel and serial number. It's the same radio, only ten years later. I powered it up the last time about a year ago.

Here is the backside of the blank plate and wires for the Voltmeter. It looks like that there may have been a Voltmeter installed at one time. Other radios of this type, that originally did not come with a Voltmeter, still had the wiring, but neatly folded and tied together with a string.

Anyway, I hope you like the pictures althou it's almost a decade later.
                          The outer casing or transport box of the radio has been repainted (obviously) But I did not know that at the time. The front panel has the original paint thou.

Best Regards
                          Björn

Comment

Amazing! Both the continuation of a ten year old thread and the Torn.E.b! Made me laugh!

regards,

Funksammler

Comment

Very nice quality pictures indeed of the 2nd version of Torn.E.b.

In my museum, I have this 2nd version of Torn.E.b made in 1945 when Elektron (magnesium alloy) was replaced by much heavier alloy based on iron powder:

This guy looks worn and torn, but we also have the 1st version of Torn.E.b of 1937. This one came to us in almost-like-new condition from... a small town 300 km North-West of Moscow:

This is a true blue Telefunken production with an old fashioned model name "Torn.E.b / 24b-305" which was in use till 1939:

It's in working condition and we have demonstrated it once on our annual HAMfest near Moscow.

73 - Valeriy, RA3CC.
                              Last edited by RA3CC; 01-21-2017, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X