Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cavalry officer’s visor opinions

Hi everyone,

Would appreciate any opinions on this cavalry visor. Looks fine to me, but I know the Clemens Wagner “erstklassig” caps have been faked before.

Also, would anyone else agree it appears to have had a Schwedter Adler traditions badge applied at some point? I included a photo of another visor of mine with the traditions badge to help illustrate.

Thanks!

Hat is a good CW.
    I agree, there are holes for a traditions badge--the question is was it put on postwar, as there is not much space (if at all) for a traditions badge.
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

By moving the screen at different angles it appears to show a slightly darker circle perhaps the size of a nickel where the two holes are. Schwedter Adler pins are usually horizontal to each other as opposed to vertical as seen here. I have no idea what might have been there.

Comment

Not a Schwedt Eagle traces . More of a rounder traces so a Death Head .
        Nick

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. I agree it's basically impossible to say whether a badge was period or post-war applied. My only theory about wartime application -and later removal- is that the vet may have taken it off to wear as a lapel pin to a veterans reunion (or something like that but who knows).

I also found at least one photo of a Schwedter Adler badge with vertical pins, so maybe this was uncommon but not unheard of.

As for the potential of the badge having been a Danziger or Braunschweig skull, it's easier to see in person that the indentation shows the up-swept wings of the Schwedter Adler. Looking at next to my other example it seems to be about the right size as well.

Anyway, no need for a full blown investigation. I'm very happy with the visor in any case, just curious if anyone would agree/disagree with my line of thinking here.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hallo skf20

Anyway, a beautiful visor

Best regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X