Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legion Condor main doctor of Panzertruppe Thoma Overseas

Hello!
    I want to show my last purchase. Overseas belonged to Dr. Johannes Engelhardt who was main medic of Panzertruppe Thoma (Legion Condor).
    Cap is part from big set - I had all in hand 8 years ago - and then nobody like to buy set and ovner sell separate set...

Some days ago i bought cap and armband .

An interesting fact is the cocarde in Spanish colors and the use of a luftwaffe or privately made cap.

I had the opportunity to take a lot of pictures of set , and the fieldmutze was also interesting.

The set included 3 Armored badges, One textbook badge and 2 strange ones considered post-war work for veterans. However, looking at the set could have been an order in Spain. Texbook one was sold before I check set...

Cap will go for sale on WAF soon.
    Attached Files

feldmutze, uniform and expensive coat with fur !
    Attached Files

Comment

Is special place in hell for people who split veteran sets....

Here is all photo what I do 8 years ago.... Enjoy

https://s954.photobucket.com/user/On...pE-HVX6TLsanuI

best regards
      Karol

Comment

sent you an email Karol.
        CSP

sigpic

Comment

Hi,

to me, the fieldcap looks like a Bundeswehr one. Color of the cloth is grey, the cocarde has nothing to do with Spain, it has just the color of the Federal Republic of Germany (Black, red, gold). An eagle has been added.

It may be well the case that this doctor served after the war in the Bundeswehr. That would explain that this is a legit Bundeswehr / postwar fieldcap with legit name tag.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by OnyX View Post
            Is special place in hell for people who split veteran sets....
            I couldn't agree with you more. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleifrei View Post
              Hi,

to me, the fieldcap looks like a Bundeswehr one. Color of the cloth is grey, the cocarde has nothing to do with Spain, it has just the color of the Federal Republic of Germany (Black, red, gold). An eagle has been added.

It may be well the case that this doctor served after the war in the Bundeswehr. That would explain that this is a legit Bundeswehr / postwar fieldcap with legit name tag.

Regards,
              +1.

The cockarde is definately early Bundeswehr (as is the cap, in my opinion).

Under magnification, it is apparent that the tresse/piping was added after the cap was constructed. That would tend to weigh against this being a 'private purchase' item.

Further, the dark grey fabric, as opposed to field grey colour, (coupled with the 'schiffchen' style of the cap) indicates post-war manufacture to me. This becomes more apparent when one considers the color of the lining cloth. Classic early Bundeswehr

This is just my opinion, of course.

N
              Last edited by Nachrichten; 10-17-2019, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Just to note the cockade is a Reichskokarde. The Bundeskokarde has the colors in a different order. The silver finish is just missing on the inner ring.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                  Just to note the cockade is a Reichskokarde. The Bundeskokarde has the colors in a different order. The silver finish is just missing on the inner ring.
                  Which cap are you looking at?

The kokarde on the schiffchen in the initial posting to this thread is the one I am writing about. It is not a Reichskokarde.

Look at this:

https://www.asmc.com/Clothing/Head-G...son-Cap-p.html

This, too:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth-...or-cap-553185/

It is clearly a Bundeskokarde, and the schiffchen to which it is affixed is an early Bundeswehr schiffchen.

This may have been Dr. Johannes Engelhardt's schiffchen, but he did not wear it before May 1945, in my opinion.

N
                  Last edited by Nachrichten; 10-20-2019, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X