New Generlstab Schirmmuetze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Generlstab Schirmmuetze

I purchased this cap recently from ebay and was expecting it to be Panzer piped but it actually turned out to be a General Staff/Veterinarian with very vibrant piping that is almost neon in the sunlight!
    As Chris already pointed out previously, it has a rather unusual wreath which is interesting. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1007914
    Sometimes the eagles are taken off to pass the ebay police and then put back on but alas, not this time and I don't currently have one to suit but I was eager to show it to you today anyway. It also came with a hat box which I believe maybe a Heeres Kleiderkasse item but more on that later.

Roger Kauert K.G. is not the maker, it was an outfitter with stores in Berlin, Hamburg, Dresden and Iserlohn and from what I've learnt, was a prolific supplier of high quality uniform items for Officers including visor caps, tunics, coats and wrappers.

What is highly interestingly for me however is the fact that Kauert seemingly had an arrangement in place where they would source visor caps from several different manufactures and yet have their own distinctive sweatbands installed, complete with embossed trademark. This is the first time I've encountered this practise and I find it fascinating and wonder how they managed it in practical terms.

Hopefully, we can start to catalogue all the different manufactures of schirmmuetzen with Roger Kauert sweatbands such as this example which at first I thought might be a Welhausen but now I'm not sure.
    Attached Files

Sorry, mistake, ignore

Comment

This is what I meant to post.
      Attached Files

Comment

Top Visor, hard to beat you with that one! You must have some Visor Detector installed in your Computer that you always find these Gems
        WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Not installed in the computer, I downloaded it into my brain!

Comment

Very nice. Good score Ben.

Comment

Ben, fantastic visor with a fantastic wreath--and even better that it is GS--congrats, my friend....
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Ditto on what everyone has stated - a very desirable farbe. Congrats!

Comment

Nice blue lining in this one.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ben, who do you think was the actual maker of these?
                    Has a bit of a Holters look, but I don't think they would made hats for outside retailers.
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                      Ben, who do you think was the actual maker of these?
                      Has a bit of a Holters look, but I don't think they would made hats for outside retailers.
                      Looks a lot like CW to me. That is, BVK's Veterinarian cap. The Zollbeamten cap with blue lining is interesting too. I've seen Italian caps of WW2-era with blue silk lining [much link the prolific "Union Militare" stuff] . . . but can't say I recall seeing a Deutsch cap like that one, with the same kind of blue lining. Of course, we've all seen many caps over the years . . . and the memory begins to wane with age and volume.
                      Last edited by N.C. Wyeth; 06-29-2019, 10:23 PM. Reason: clarification - memory kicked in

Comment

Still haven't positively identified the maker, don't think it's CW though.
                        Here's the box that came with it which is not marked at all.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X