No announcement yet.

HG Panzer Div. Officers Overseas Cap hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to get shots of the true flatwire piping silver color which is more dull and not like the bright silver crap you see on repros. Also areas of knapp loss on side. Pics dont show it so well but if you look closely, you will see some of what I'm talking about..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by clestuff; 06-21-2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

It's still a complete fake. The eagle is a very poor copy. A zig-zag stitched padded cockade? White soutache?
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

As long as you're happy with it. The thing is, it'll never sell on the WAF except as a repro.
        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
          It's still a complete fake. The eagle is a very poor copy. A zig-zag stitched padded cockade? White soutache?
          Could be Willi. Nothing to compare it to. First of all, there doesn't seem to be many regular Luftwaffe officers overseas caps out there. No HG Div overseas officers caps that I can find in past posts. No Luftwaffe caps with a soutache of any color. I did find some similar sloppy eagles on real caps. The cap seems impossible. But does it? The HG Div was formed in 1942, the same year the soutache was phased out. White was the branch color for the HG Div. If a newly minted officer was out purchasing his new uniform for his newly formed unit, already had the silver flat wire piping on his cap and wanted to show his branch, couldnt he order a cap with a soutache. The SS units used them. I've seen lots of period caps with padded cockads. It's exotic but not impossible....Thanks for opinions so far.

Comment

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
            Could be Willi. Nothing to compare it to. First of all, there doesn't seem to be many regular Luftwaffe officers overseas caps out there. No HG Div overseas officers caps that I can find in past posts. No Luftwaffe caps with a soutache of any color. I did find some similar sloppy eagles on real caps. The cap seems impossible. But does it? The HG Div was formed in 1942, the same year the soutache was phased out. White was the branch color for the HG Div. If a newly minted officer was out purchasing his new uniform for his newly formed unit, already had the silver flat wire piping on his cap and wanted to show his branch, couldnt he order a cap with a soutache. The SS units used them. I've seen lots of period caps with padded cockads. It's exotic but not impossible....Thanks for opinions so far.
            You're not listening. The eagle is a known fake. A soutache is just wrong, no period photos show this. The lining material was taken from an overcoat. And the cockade is sewn wrong for any overseas hat. You are engaging in magical thinking. Google it.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaraBrae View Post
              You're not listening. The eagle is a known fake. A soutache is just wrong, no period photos show this. The lining material was taken from an overcoat. And the cockade is sewn wrong for any overseas hat. You are engaging in magical thinking. Google it.
              Google? You are kidding, right? I do listen to people but why would I listen to you?

Comment

Hows this for "magical" thinking, the HG "Regiment" was part of the 11th Panzer [Heer] Division in "Army" Group South. This Luftwaffe Regiment was part of a Heer Division and the Army. Then it was upgraded to brigade status before becoming the HG Panzer Division. This all happened in 1942. A "Heer" soutache would have made sense during this period.

Comment

Begs the question, if you "knew in a second it was real" why bother to post it up for discussion?

Chet
                  Zinc stinks!

Comment

Still not original even with better photos. Imo

Comment

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
                      Hows this for "magical" thinking, the HG "Regiment" was part of the 11th Panzer [Heer] Division in "Army" Group South. This Luftwaffe Regiment was part of a Heer Division and the Army. Then it was upgraded to brigade status before becoming the HG Panzer Division. This all happened in 1942. A "Heer" soutache would have made sense during this period.
                      No, it would not. Being assigned to a larger Army unit would not in any way change, alter or affect Luftwaffe uniform regulations.

I meant, Google the clinical term "magical thinking," which is what you are doing. Magical thinking is essentially the "belief that one's ideas, thoughts, wishes, or actions can influence the course of events in the physical world." Despite overwhelming proof that the hat is a fake, you want it to be real so badly that you essentially are believing in magic at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaraBrae View Post
                        No, it would not. Being assigned to a larger Army unit would not in any way change, alter or affect Luftwaffe uniform regulations.

I meant, Google the clinical term "magical thinking," which is what you are doing. Magical thinking is essentially the "belief that one's ideas, thoughts, wishes, or actions can influence the course of events in the physical world." Despite overwhelming proof that the hat is a fake, you want it to be real so badly that you essentially are believing in magic at this point.
                        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

There may be a pattern of "magical thinking" developing. A prior thread featured an original DAK helmet that had a large white swastika painted on the front which most, if not all, non-magical observers believed to be a postwar application. No manner of cajoling could persuade the owner of that fact (yes, the same owner as the HG Pz. piped officer's overseas cap). Save your breath.
                          Last edited by OSS; 06-22-2019, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                            There may be a pattern of "magical thinking" developing. A prior thread featured an original DAK helmet that had a large white swastika painted on the front which most, if not all, non-magical observers believed to be a postwar application. No manner of cajoling could persuade the owner of that fact (yes, the same owner as the HG Pz. piped officer's overseas cap). Save your breath.
                            Agree+1

Perhaps this cap belonged to a HG Div dispatch rider

Here is the thread on the helmet with the painted swaz...make sure to get your soda & popcorn.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1004221

No matter how much historical evidence to the contrary this fellow will persist with his "magical thinking."

Comment

You guys are funny! You just never know on WA...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X