M42 to 43 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M42 to 43 conversion

I have always wanted one of these and got really lucky to get a jager one. J
    Attached Files

nbnb
    Attached Files

Comment

zxzx
      Attached Files

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
          PM sent

Comment

I have had some comments on this hat by pm and would appreciate some further opinions. Thanx J

Comment

Jacque,

I checked in my files, it seems the "72" lago maker is the only exemple wich uses the marking "mützen lago wien".
              The 8 others lago makers from this area i have pics to compare use "wienner mützen lago".
              But i have pics of another unmodified "72" M42 wich use the same markings as your's.
              At this stage, i don't consider this exception means fake, considering the construction of those "72" caps.
              Maybe someone has more informations about this point ?

derka

Comment

Thanx Derka, good information regarding the stamps and construction. Here is the name written on the inside. J
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice original hat..IMO

Glenn
                  "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Hi Jacquesf,

I just sold a winter fur cap at the last SOS show with the same 1942 Dated Lago Wien 72 stamp. The trap eagle insignia was also an exact match to your cap style eagle. I like this cap. Hope this helps.
                    Regards,
                    John

Comment

Thanx John. I just found a m42 posted in 2007 and authenicated here on WAF, with the same markings and liner. Also the one mentioned by Derka. J
                      Attached Files

Comment

Like it jac
                        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Thanx Lenny, you did all along. Here is another m42 panzer cap from the same maker. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=M42+PANZER

Comment

It is unusual to see a trap on a '42 dated cap, but possible I suppose. I have an M-42 with a trapezoidal insignia but it is '43 dated.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                              It is unusual to see a trap on a '42 dated cap, but possible I suppose. I have an M-42 with a trapezoidal insignia but it is '43 dated.
                              Hello Ramsey here is my little guy with a 42 date
                              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=557585
                              Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                              teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X