Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polizei Officer visor cap opinion needed

Hi,
    I'm thinking of purchasing this Police Officer visor cap, and while it has some condition issues, I'd like to get some help to make sure it's actually original.

To me it looks good but perhaps semi restored around the visor of it, and possibly has a replacement chincord on it.

All comments appreciated!

Attached Files

Based on the high crown, and material it's made from, I'm assuming it's an original officer cap and not an upgraded NCO. It seems to have the one piece NCO cap badge on it but that could have been replaced.

Attached Files

Comment

Last two pics of the damage inside....
      Any comments on originality appreciated

Attached Files

Comment

The lining is of private purchase Officer quality but the insignia is for a NCO. It should have a "proud", not flat, cockade and a similar two-piece or proud eagle on the wreath. This configuration is OK for a Meister rank Senior Sergeant but not period correct for an Officer.

Comment

Polizei Officer visor cap opinion needed

Hi,
          May I ask where you got the photos? The visor pictured is in my collection and has been for years now. Thanks NJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi NJ,
            These pictures I got from a website called "Vancouvermilitaria" where the cap is still listed for sale for $500.

http://www.vancouvermilitaria.com/headgear3.html

Apologies for posting the pics of your cap, however I assumed it was still for sale via that website?

Schupo, thanks for the reply!
            So this cap is considered a private purchase "Meister" rank cap in this configuration, with the officer chincord and private purchase style lining but NCO insignia.

It seems true police officer caps are becoming very hard to find, as I've scoured the web looking for a nice example to purchase but can't find one. Most available seem to be NCO caps that have had an officer cord added.

Comment

Hi,
              No worries, I was just surprised when I saw this. Thanks

Comment

"Schupo, thanks for the reply!
                So this cap is considered a private purchase "Meister" rank cap in this configuration, with the officer chincord and private purchase style lining but NCO insignia."

Yes, Meister could wear the Officer Portepee on their edged weapons and the Officer cap cords on their peaked caps. They could wear either an issue cap with Officer cords or a higher quallity private purchase Officer style cap.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X