HH auction 75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HH auction 75

Some very strong bidding at the last HH auction.

Do the bidders realize that there is 23% commission to pay?

Paul Kaps Infantry cap. average condition. 950 euro

SS Officers black visor, very average condition. 10,500

SS Generals visor, average condition, 11,500

I honestly don't get it, place any of these for sale on th estand and you would struggle big time to get your money back in my opinion.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Bidding frenzy,one of the reasons why I hardly ever bid in auctions.

You get caught up in it trying to beat the other guy and you almost always overpay.

Glenn
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Hi,

These private auctions are run by dealers, I honestly wonder if they just bid them up and see what happens. Worse case, it looks good when they list items for the same or less later. If something doesn't sell for what you want it to sell for, make it look like it did, and try again a little ways down the road type strategy. Another thing I've wondered is if these dealers run the auctions themselves, can their software see your maximum bid and then bid up to near your maximum with a fake account? Maybe they were legitimate sales but how would we ever know?

Cheers,
          -Steve

Comment

Hi,

HH auctions are live on internet, it is still possible to increase a bit if the auctioneer knows the "secret bids" that are sent before the auction.
            But to be honest i find it very hard to do, never underestimate the stupidity of live bidders...
            I recently saw a "live" auction in which the "battle" was around 100, 110, 120, 130, 140, 150 euros, and then someone on the "live" put a 300 euros bid from nowhere, and won the lot without increasing of 10 euros.
            He probably burned money for nothing with his 300 euros bid...

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X