Added to My Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added to My Collection

Just picked-up this Reichbahn visor cap but after reviewing similar caps here on the WAF, I have some concerns with it.

I noticed the side buttons keeping the chin cord in place are black. Shouldn't these buttons be gold in color?

Also, I question the chin strap. Is it an original period piece and is it correct for this cap? It appears too small for this cap.

Thank you

Mark
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MLH13; 09-25-2017, 11:34 AM.

Last pics....
    Attached Files

Comment

Mark, you are correct--the cords are postwar, but the hat is not.
      It is an early Pekuro, and it most likely had a chinstrap for the lowest paygrades originally. However, a lot of these guys were promoted, and just swapped the strap for cords, and left the EM/NCO buttons in place.

You could either just look for a strap, or replace the postwar cord with a wartime one (they do pop up every now and then).
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
        Mark, you are correct--the cords are postwar, but the hat is not.
        It is an early Pekuro, and it most likely had a chinstrap for the lowest paygrades originally. However, a lot of these guys were promoted, and just swapped the strap for cords, and left the EM/NCO buttons in place.

You could either just look for a strap, or replace the postwar cord with a wartime one (they do pop up every now and then).
        Thank you Chris. I appreciate your help.

Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X