No announcement yet.

Field cap '43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can say is that if these are new fakes then they are the best I have seen yet..The non rounded front flaps on these could have just been a pattern change from the Luftwaffe types.

I think some of the Luftwaffe M43's from this maker have the same white gauze bias tape but I don't have one anymore from this maker to compare.

Here is another from this maker that looks very believable (from the photos)

Glenn
    Attached Files
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Another one for army......
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=feldmutze

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
          All I can say is that if these are new fakes then they are the best I have seen yet..

Here is another from this maker that looks very believable (from the photos)
          Pretty big difference in consctruction from this one than the one that started this thread, for being the same maker...

The market for PZ m43 and SS m43 is pretty dead, it been so faked so its hard to find buyers and only real one looker ones with history are the one that sells.

While the market on heer m43 is nice, and its much easier to sell good looking fakes there, here is where we must have much more attention as the fakers have switch.

Ofcourse this is only my thoughts about this matter.

Comment

I think that now the cap i posted in this thread will be transformed in super original, isn't true?
            http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=5080

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ciavaglia View Post
              I think that now the cap i posted in this thread will be transformed in super original, isn't true?
              http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=5080

For me,it is original.

Glenn

Comment

Glenn, IMO there are many doubts about those maker. Noone of them of the 5 or 6 i watched before has one (1) feature in common with the other.
                The side loops made with italian cloth (spigato) on a dated '43 field cap: Fascism in Italy falls on the 8th september '43. German take away all raw material (cloth etc) from Italy and start producing in Germany inside other three months of the '43? It's not possible. All tunics, field caps with italian lining i had the chances to watch are dated 1944 and not before. Just my 2 cents.
                Last edited by Alex Ciavaglia; 01-01-2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ciavaglia View Post
                  Glenn, IMO there are many doubts about those maker. Noone of them of the 5 or 6 i watched before has one (1) feature in common with the other.
                  The side loops made with italian cloth (spigato) on a dated '43 field cap: Fascism in Italy falls on the 8th september '43. German take away all raw material (cloth etc) from Italy and start producing in Germany inside other three months of the '43? It's not possible. All tunics, field caps with italian lining i had the chances to watch are dated 1944 and not before. Just my 2 cents.

Well,it looks fine to me..I have seen several hats from the same makers that showed slight differences in mfg,you have to remember that some makers may have had several factories producing them, with hundreds of factory workers making thousands of them using various materials.(sometimes 2 or 3 different types of wool/linings in one hat)

As far as stamped dates go that means nothing really..We have all seen many M43 hats and tunics stamped with 42 dates..I don't see factories changing date stamps on Jan 1 1943.

I have seen Italian wool M43 tunics with 42 dates.

Glenn

Comment

RBN number also seen on Kriegs caps.

Comment

I’d own it...Billbert

Comment

Ritter subcontracted to several different makers. This is proven in the tropical cap threads...that accounts for the variation on some of the Ritter caps.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X