Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Overseas Cap

Hi gentlemen.
    I just bought this hat and need help to find out more about it. It is unmarked, with the exception of the size of the cap. Thanks in advance.

Tropisk
    Attached Files

More photos

+
    Attached Files

Comment

More photos

+
      Attached Files

Comment

A Fairly Rare and Quite Original NPEA school field cap...up and coming young Nazis being schooled for the cause..there were like THIRTY NINE STARDARTE schools they were sent to...Nice...Billbert

Comment

Nice cap! They wore the tan HJ-style ones with white piping for dress and these for work or field. Usually if they were issued they were stamped inside with the NPEA school name.

Comment

cockade

Interesting cap. It begs the question whether there are any other cockade variations which do not actually show the red-white-black colors? This version seems to defeat the purpose of the national cockade.

Comment

Typical of these caps. I assume they had the "subdued" cockades since they were for field use. The tan dress ones have the HJ-style multi colored diamond on the front.

Check out Ron Weinand's excellent book "Waffenleite". While it covers the various schools and related daggers, there are many photos of students in uniform as well.

I have several caps and a nice NPEA Spandau graduation-inscribed dagger.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks a lot for sharing your knowlege
                I appreciate it.

Tropisk

Comment

Thanks to you for posting it. Any style NPEA cap is difficult to find.

Comment

@pauke...I have encountered several of these...cockade is the same standard style to my experience....Billbert

Comment

others

What I refer to is if any other Third Reich organization ever used a "subdued" version cockade without the usual colors? Even Bundeswehr field caps today use the correct colors.

Comment

Gotcha...never encountered any otherTR ORG that did this...Billbert

Comment

What is you point? Are you one of those who say "they always did things this way?" You are apparently new to this area of collecting or you would understand that was not always true. Review some of the books. Ralf Siegert also has a good book but it is in German. Ron's first book published in 1988 is worth having also. I contributed my research to that book. I have exchanged letters with former students, etc. How about doing your own research on these caps?

Comment

Conversing with Pauke on his cockade info..Yes I ve owned one and it's tan and white piped brother from samebowner..if that comment is addressed at me pls take your obnoxious comments and go away..The Gentlemen here try to maintain a CIVIL TONE and RESPECT for others..Thanks
                            Billbert

Comment

I was merely trying to explain to the gentleman who questioned the subdued cockade that it may seem unusual but it was used on those caps. The Bundeswehr "correct" cap insignia color really has nothing (hopefully) to do with the TR period caps. These schools were political, not part of the Wehrmacht. One thing that has hampered this collecting field over the sixty+ years I have been active in it is "it has to be this way."

Perhaps my comments were too "firm" but one needs to take advantage of the good sources of information provided by those who have over the years put a great deal of effort into researching subjects for which there was little or no information when we all were novices. For example, Ron's book in 1988 was the first to explain the letter and number system that is stamped on the NPEA daggers. A lot of research went into that book.

If I offended anyone I apologize, as that was not my intention.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X