Tropical Blue Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical Blue Caps

Does anyone out there have tropical blue denim versions of the Luftwaffe overseas cap and/or an M41? I'd like to see them if you do. Thanks.

Hi Jack,

I have a blue cotton Luft overseas hat. Not sure this is what you seek. As for the blue M41's, have never seen one I liked. Saw a bunch for sale in England a year or two ago. Didn't like them.

Willi
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Willi, I agree. I really don't think that there were M41s in blue. I think by the time that the M41 was in production, the blue denims were out. If you can, I'd like to see your blue cotton overseas cap. Thanks!

Comment

Jack,

Here is a quick pic. '42 dated, size 59,Berolina marked, black twill lining.

Willi

Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Excellent Willi, thanks alot.

Comment

Blue LW cap

Jack,

Here's one marked LBA 1941. Your theory that a billed field cap would not have been made because tropical tan caps were in service by 1941 would seem to be incorrect with Willi's 1942 dated cap.

A friend had a blue billed field cap some years ago but I didn't get to handle it in person and can't vouch for it though he sent me a photo of it about 5-6 years ago.

When they made the entire rest of the uniform in blue/gray, why not the billed field cap?
            Attached Files

Comment

Officer's cap

Jack,

Here's an officer's version also dated 41. This one may have been made outside Germany since the ink stamped markings are unusual and not typical of caps made in Germany. It has a rectangle with P.41 inside it and another rectangle with the size inside it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X