SS Visor from SS Wiking Div veteran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No response..

Is it any wonder why fewer and fewer collectors can be bothered to post their items these days?

Comment

Very interesting topic all the way, makes it all come to life! Very nice visor Ben, congrats and very interesting information, the background story, the detailed pictures such as the Waffenfarbe white material, the wear of colored piping all the way up until the end of the war, his visor looking crisp and clear, not worn off, in the pictures in the cupola of the Panther, very nice. I think I am right to think he is wearing the same visor in #45 and #46, different season, the same shape and worn the same by him .... stunning picture with the Hauptscharfuehrer beside him the in Schwimmwagen, with the leather chinstrap and what appears to be a silver/alu thread skull collarpatch (?). Do also like the picture of Muehlenkamp with the colored piping and the modest overhang at the sides, the silver Obersturmbannfuehrer bar/litze on his collarpatch, not straight at all but leaning towards the front at the top ... very nice. Regarding the latest remark on the spots on the vulcanfibre and the sometimes obsessive desire for evidence the court case Melchett, Blackadder and specked Jim springs to my mind , as a funny distraction.

Comment

What a nice cap, bought to life by history, we forget sometimes history, only the item we think about and study. This cap as been bought to life making collecting interesting and should encourage people to collect and remember the past, which is being forgotten more everyday.

Thank you for sharing your visor and its history

Comment

Originally posted by revi View Post
          Regarding the latest remark on the spots on the vulcanfibre and the sometimes obsessive desire for evidence the court case Melchett, Blackadder and specked Jim springs to my mind , as a funny distraction.
          One of my favourite Blackadders!

Comment

Originally posted by revi View Post
            Regarding the latest remark on the spots on the vulcanfibre and the sometimes obsessive desire for evidence the court case Melchett, Blackadder and specked Jim springs to my mind , as a funny distraction.
            The Flanders Pigeon murderer!

BlackAdder, pure genius...

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
              I would have loved to meet this guy, he's always got a grin on his face.

Check out the binoculars, they're huge!
              Super rare sheepskin Kharkov parka, too

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X